Mel Gibson, No Contest he pled!

Huh?

• Moderators

Evelyn Wood?

Mel Gibson's an interesting character. One of those guys that seems unable to keep his foot out of his mouth. I empathize with him. Though I certainly wouldn't support some of his statements of late... but somehow I get the impression neither would he. Anyway, I'm fascinated by the guy.

Check out The Beaver if you haven't already. Mel Gibson directed by Jodie Foster. The guy can act.

• Members

Pinocchio?

LOL...it wasn't because he had wood in his nose that he ended up where he did.

Just me, pretty woman and all.......but one look at her, one second of consideration as far as the life she has led and where she has come from.......I wood :lol: have passed.

She has high maintenance and trouble written all over her.

I'm sure she is a nice gal though. Probably means well.

Just me I guess?

• Members

Mel is... well... a bigot, which is not that big a deal really except for the fact when he gets drunk or angry he speaks his mind which isn't smart.

I stopped paying for his movies when I heard his drunken racial rants and slurs so I won't see "The Beaver" until it's free.

As to the plea, he can afford it.

Good actor. Apparently not that good of a person. I wonder how his Lethal Weapon co-star Mr. Glover feels about his liberal use of the n-word.

• Members

It's weird 'cos I am a huge movie buff....not just as I love films, the escapism etc etc...entertainment...... but I work in film production so I appreciate the technical aspect of it. But as much as I have heard The Beaver is good, I passed on it.

I picked up the case and read the back cover. It looks like a good story, but I'm just not that down with Mel right now.

• Moderators

It's weird 'cos I am a huge movie buff....not just as I love films, the escapism etc etc...entertainment...... but I work in film production so I appreciate the technical aspect of it. But as much as I have heard The Beaver is good, I passed on it.

I picked up the case and read the back cover. It looks like a good story,
but I'm just not that down with Mel right now

That's sort of what makes the story work... you get the feeling they were in some ways acknowledging what's going on with him, and not making excuses. I passed too then caved later. I'm glad I did.

• Members

Pinocchio?

Kindly old Geppeto's 'Woodshop' was raided by local athorities back in 1969, based on a complaint of sexual abuse by his creation Pinnochio.

Evidence gathered at the 'woodshop' included ;

a 3 inch wood bit, and a hand drill with Mr 'G's palm prints all over it.

A gallon can of Linseed oil, (half spent)

Wood shavings from Pinnochio's back side...

Pinnochios 'booty' hole was described (by an anonymous forensics Investigator) as being 'the size of a parlor sized ashtray'

Kindly old Gepetto?,,,, I think not...:eek:

• Members

Good actor. Apparently not that good of a person. I wonder how his Lethal Weapon co-star Mr. Glover feels about his liberal use of the n-word.

Danny Glover was not/is not a good actor... a year or so after Sept 11, Danny came to speak at Princeton University, ranting about how America needed a 'wake -up call' and other pleasantries... I was present...my personal opinion after his rant? his Stock took a nose dive ... I don't think I was alone...

And where is he now?' , (Danny Boy)

Informercials fo' sure, right up there with Lou Diamond Phillips et. al:lol:

Do you really think that Mel cares a fig about what 'Mr Glover' feels?

• Members

I think my comment about Mel being a bigot offended somebody.

As to what Danny Glover is doing... maybe look at IMDB. He's working like he always has. Not sure what that has to do with Mel's drunken bigoted rants exactly... but he's doing more than infomercials... if it even matters or has anything to do with anything else.

Oh wait...

"Mel's a bigot so I choose not to give him my money by paying to see his movies."

"So what! Danny Glover can't act."

Got it.

• Members

Noooo, Mel is all that... and a bag of chips.

I said how I felt about Mel in Post #18 in this thread.

I don't like Mel,

I don't like Danny Glover either, after his Rant at Princeton University on the heels of 9/11 that I mentioned earlier.

After seeing/hearing him speak my only wish was that his sorry ass was blown off the bomb rigged toilet seat in Leathal Weapon (whatever #).

I Don't like Mel

I don't like Danny

But I think you're kinda cute Larry. ;)

Archived