A Reaper Question

MikeRivers

• CMS Author

Answered, thanks. But just in case anyone else missed what I did:

But don't quit now! I have another question, but I'll post that in a new message

I know there are some Reaper users here. Maybe you've found the button that I haven't. I want to make the default time display minutes:seconds. It always comes up as Measures:beats on top of Minutes:seconds. I'd like to clear it up.

I can (and do) find the menu to change it, but there must be a way to save the displayed time format as a default. I couldn't find it anywhere.

• CMS Author

Try this -

Right Click to change to a preferred time representation. (on your time display)

ALT-ENTER brings up your project settings

confirm with the Button lower right - "save as default project settings"

Thank you. That seems to do the trick. I knew there had to be a way to do this.

• CMS Author

SOLVED - Thanks to Lee who can read the small print and knows where to find it. ;)

OK, here's another thing I can't find, if it's even possible. There's a Zoom Tracks option (and a hot key) that minimizes the height of all the tracks. That works fine, but when a track is armed, it expands, and when I'm recording 16 tracks, I can't see them all without scrolling and still see the mixer (that's my security blanket) if they're any larger than minimum size. Is there a way to make them stick at the minimum height even when recording?

I tried setting it as a project default as suggested above for the time scale, but that didn't keep them from blowing up when armed. Any solutions?

Archived