10th Anniversary of 9/II

Lukenskywalker

• Members

Usually Ken/UstadKhanali posts rememberance threads on Memorial Day, Veterans Day, etc. (bless his heart and I am always grateful when he does) but he might be away or busy with a project...

So, I would like to step up for him and call on all of you guys and girls to please take the time (and I'm sure many of you have already done so) to take a few seconds to bow our collective heads and say a few words in rememberance of the people that died on this date 10 years ago...

To give thanks to our First Responders, Firemen, Hazmat teams, NYPD/ Port Authority Police, US Coast Guard, NY and New Jersey State Naval Militia and just ordinary citizens etc. who risked and lost their lives to help their fellow Americans...many are still suffering from their physical/mental ailments,,,many more are still dying from the result of their heroism.

God Bless them all.

Luke

• Members

I want more for the first responders than for God to bless them. I want the Federal Government to pay for their medical treatment, because that's why I pay taxes - not to bail out banks that harrass widows.

Honestly, when I look at how the government reacted to 9/11...the terrorists won. Trillions of dollars down the drain on wars - one of them based on a fiction - the TSA groping travellers, the "Patriot Act," a huge DHS bureaucracy, the creation of a climate of fear, acceptance of torture...

3,000 people were murdered in cold blood on 9/11. But I think they would find it easier to rest in peace if they knew their deaths had helped perpetuate freedom, not dampen it.

Sorry, I'm just in a bad mood. Carry on.

• Members

Honestly, when I look at how the government reacted to 9/11...the terrorists won. Trillions of dollars down the drain on wars - one of them based on a fiction - the TSA groping travellers, the "Patriot Act," a huge DHS bureaucracy, the creation of a climate of fear, acceptance of torture...

3,000 people were murdered in cold blood on 9/11. But I think they would find it easier to rest in peace if they knew their deaths had helped perpetuate freedom, not dampen it.

I agree Craig. NYC is a police state.

• Members

Thank you to all who risked their lives, helped in any way, and those who continue to help. I am deeply grateful.

What about those of us who regulate the amount of cream that goes into each Twinkie? That's a valuable public service, you know, and one that is frequently overlooked even as the world enjoys the perpetual sweetness of our indestructible little pastries.

• Members

I want more for the first responders than for God to bless them. I want the Federal Government to pay for their medical treatment, because that's why I pay taxes - not to bail out banks that

Sorry, I'm just in a bad mood. Carry on.

We were there, 3 days after, Our NJ Naval Militia's Patrol Boats ferried in Medical Teams and other needed personnel, Our own Hazmat team and Chaplain unit.

Our boats also patrolled the NY Harbor, and the Nuclear Power plants...it was a cupla busy weeks.

• Members

What about those of us who regulate the amount of cream that goes into each Twinkie? That's a valuable public service, you know, and one that is frequently overlooked even as the world enjoys the perpetual sweetness of our indestructible little pastries.

How could I have missed that? :D

Smartass!! :D

I was in a hurry when I wrote that, as I had been working all weekend, but did want to somehow voice my gratitude.

• Members

I want more for the first responders than for God to bless them. I want the Federal Government to pay for their medical treatment, because that's why I pay taxes - not to bail out banks that

Yup.

Archived