SONAR X1 permits MP3 export now.... default...

rasputin1963

• Members
I notice that CAKEWALK SONAR X1 edition now includes MP3 export as a default. All previous editions of SONAR only permitted MP3 export if you purchased a special license, which was extra.

I wonder what political circumstances led to this change?

Maybe they got some good dirt on the head of the Fraunhofer Institute?

• Members

Maybe they're using a different encoder than the Fraunhofer?

You mean like one that ain't an mp3 encoder?

As I understand it, most companies have shied away from including LAME in their packages because Fraunhofer claims infringement or the potential for infringing use, perhaps more precisely. But, we got some guys who do IP stuff for a living lurking around here. Maybe we can drag in one of those guys to get the gritty, behind-the-scenes lowdown on the intellectually violent and often seamy netherworld between the pulsing, gelatinous patent-squatting licensing organisms and the brave but sometimes reckless samurai templars of the open source movement.

• Members

Maybe we can drag in one of those guys to get the gritty, behind-the-scenes lowdown on the intellectually violent and often seamy netherworld between the pulsing, gelatinous patent-squatting licensing organisms and the brave but sometimes reckless samurai templars of the open source movement.

We have found a replacement for Hunter S. Thompson! Except better :)

Archived