Coke vs Pepsi

the stranger

• Members

That {censored} will make you fat and give you cavities. And if you drink diet, will give you cancer. I stopped drinking soda after college. I might have one 3-4 times in an entire year, (usually with rum or whiskey mixed in).

As for Facebook, I actually dig it. I makes the page as a whole less "noisy." Thought it was going to go the way of MySpace for a sec. Besides, wasn't the "old Facebook" you all want them to roll back to once the "new Facebook" you all bitched and moaned about at one time? O_o History proves correct.

• Members

The only time I'll drink a coke is having a lunch passing through a hamberger joint drive through, thats about it.

As far as facebook, Whats That?

My wife is into the facebook thing, I just dont have the tim tio screw with it.

My buddy Guitar player in my studio band had his account set up, and he got contacted by an old

one night stand from 35 years ago. He found out he had another son he didnt even know about.

Kind of rocked his boat there. He had alread raised three kids who are out on their own now

and to find out he had another kind of freaked him out while he got used to the idea and got to know him.

• Members

I generally opt for Dr Pepper/Mr Pibb but I'll drink Coke, Pepsi, Mt Dew, Cherry Pepsi/Coke, Root Beer, Grape Soda, just about anything really. Don't care for Sprite. I don't drink coffee so I have Code Red in the morning. Is there any other commonly available soda with more caffeine?

I don't spend much time on facebook, it's more of a messaging system for me so I don't really care what they do.

• Members

I tried Pepsimax once and it has kinda grown on me.

If that's not available I'll drink a diet Pepsi.

I tend to prefer Diet Rite because it's cheaper.

Diet Coke is a last resort.

Regular Coke is just harsh and gritty tasting to me.

The new FB is fine. I think people complain just to be a part of a group. I like that a lot of the "whatshisname likes this" and "so&so is friends with somejerkyouneverheardof" are moved onto a different list over on the right. I can't really see what's so wrong with it. I wish I had better access to with over my iphone.

Pandora changed they're look too.

• Members

I don't drink any sodas at all.

I don't think the constant Facebook changes are really worth spending much energy on, it's not that big of a deal either way. But it IS annoying and sometimes confusing (especially to non techie people) how they just roll changes out and you have to deal with them whether you want to or not. As a programmer I think it's disrespectful to the user base. Give people the option to turn new features on or not, at least.

• Members

I like both diet Cherry Coke and diet Wild Cherry Pepsi. They're quite different though. You don't want to go directly from one to the other. Which is why I also have very fond of diet Sunkist Orange soda and their Sparkling Lemonade (which, in the diet version is tart enough to peel paint -- it's like Sweet Tarts... only diet). However, my favorite diet-ish (20 calories; and, actually, the Sunkist drinks have 10 each, I think) orange is diet Orange Krush... that stuff is deelish.

With regard to Facebook changes... I like chronological 'news' listings.

However, I'm looking forward with some hopefulness to the promised social music initiative Facebook is supposedly announcing (today, I think)...

It's supposed to integrate free sharing from MOG, Spotify, Rdio and some others, I think. MOG even introduced a free tier in preparation.

The MOG free tier works significantly differently from Spotify's free tier, including, if I'm reading the tea leaves right, 'full' fidelity 320 kbps streams even for freeloaders.

Spotify's free tier goes up to 160 kbps, but is limited in the number of times you can play a given song and also, eventually, by how many free plays a month you get. MOG's free tier let's you 'refresh' your quota of free plays each month by doing social/viral things like recommending music, and so on.

That's academic to me, I'm a full on MOG subscriber now, having jumped ship from Rhapsody, which I liked a lot but had low-ish fidelity, to MOG, which I love and has all 320 kbps streams, beating Rhapsody's probable ~160 kbps streams as well as at least some of Spotify Premium's up-to-320kbps streams.

• Members

I used to snort Coke through a straw but the bubbles always tickled my nose....

I don't do Facebook...

I drink homemade Lemonade and Orangeade, I make it by the gallon...very simple and easy recipe with fresh squeezed lemons and oranges. I like to add a 6 oz. can of pineapple juice to the Orangeade.

It does call for a cup and a half of cane sugar per gallon.

My other drink of choice is low sodium V-8, I pop about 2 small cans a day with a twist of lime and a grind of fresh black pepper.

• Members

{censored}...I forgot Coke in the US didn't use Sugar.... right... when I'm in the US I don't drink any.... at home in Trinidad we still use Sugar...tastes so much better to me...

I like Mexican Coke (in the glass bottle, not in the baggy). I always thought it was because the glass bottle kept it cooler, fresher somehow, but maybe the mexican stuff has real sugar.

Either way, all my beverage carbs are devoted to beer, so I maybe have 6 pops a year.

• Members

Sounds like a Virgin Bloody Mary. Add a celery stalk and you're done.

done that...I eat a celery stalk a day to lower my blood pressure... it actually works :idk:

I forgot to add that towards mid day, I will also add a razor thin slice of jalapeno, or some Louisiana Hot Sauce to my V-8 ...Good at brunch too. :thu:

• Members

We use dill pickles in D town.

As 'Kid Rock' so eloquently stated;

'we float like butterflies,

sting like King Bees,

strapped with AK's straight from the Chinese,

What the {censored} goin' down in the 'D'

it's just some white boys tripping like K.I.D....'

So if y'all like a pickle,,,that's perfectly fine with me. ;) and God Bless ya.

• Members

I don't like american pop because I don't like corn syrup. Once in a while I'll buy some canned exotic pop at the asian food store once I check they use cane or beet sugar - they are pretty interesting: mango, pineapple, etc.

Once I quit Mountain Dew about 10 years ago, I completely stopped getting cavities. Interesting correlation...

• Members

1. I rarely drink soda unless it's the only thing around, and even then, it's sometimes mixed with coconut rum. Once in a rare while, I'll get some orange cream soda or some "micro brew" root beer, which I like better than Coke or Pepsi.

2. I don't care what Facebook does. I spend a little time on it and have fun interacting with friends, but what they do isn't that big of a deal to me even though what they do kinda sucks in the way Lee Flier describes and their data mining is not cool.

Archived