My computer won't stay "signed in" on various sites

LiveMusic

• Members

Something changed on my laptop. I visit several forums every day and keep Firefox tabs open all the time to these sites. I always stay signed in. Now, I am getting logged out somehow, and it doesn't take long. Don't know exactly but it seems to be if I go back in even as short a time as an hour, I have to login again if I want to post. The only thing I can think of is that I recently updated to the most recent version of AVG free virus software. Any ideas why this happened and how to fix this?

• Members

Check your history/cookie cleanup. In IE you can select to clean all that up when you close the browser.

Dont know about Fire Fox. mayby you have a utility thet rund in the background that does cleanup to

remove cookies and passwords. it can be your internet provider as well. I know when I switched to cable

I get logged off sometimes during peak usage. Cable outages or anything like that can break a connection temporarily.

They've had several national connection issues in the past few weeks.

• Members

The same thing has happened to me, especially here at HC. Sometimes I have to log in again while I'm in the midst of a post. Thats right ! I start typing a post and have to re-type my password after hitting "Post Quick Reply" AGAIN ! I'm using Firefox 7.0.1 on Ubuntu Linux.

Hey! I just noticed that I can't get into "Privacy" or "Security" under Firefox "Preferences"

Dan

Archived