Anyone Using 500-Series Modules?

Anderton

• Members

They look really nice but just to buy the "case" for them looks to be awful expensive!

I'm also reminded of the many problems we've seen with these types of systems working at the 'ole electronics factory. Test bays where different modules are inserted/removed into and out of standardized backplane fixtures get to a point where the contacts become a real problem and after a while you have to leave a bottle of alcohol and a brush at the station to constantly clean contacts. That's just what pops into my head when I see these kinds of setups, probably wouldn't be such a problem with the 500 modules as most likely wouldn't be pulling them out and pushing them in all the time.

• Members

They're just so darn cute and analog and space-saving, but I wondered how many of you have taken the plunge, and if so, what modules are rocking your world.

:wave:

Been using the GR mic pre for close to 2 years now. Its not for everything. On vocals and guitars, its quite nice. I do prefer rack mount gear but its nice to have variety which the Lunchbox affords. Its funny because, I still turn to my 737s for most applications though.

Archived