White House Says Aliens Have Not Visited Earth

Anderton

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Of course, what else would the White House say? "Oh yeah, they've been here 4 times and no one can figure out what they want or where they come from. It was cool to see the classified stuff when we took office though.".

That'll guarantee no re-election and probably a few mass panics somewhere.

• Members

When I was 17, many moons ago. Some friends and I were cruising in the country when a large ship flew over the car. Im talking maybe 200 yards above us. It was rectangle in shape, sort of like an Imperial Battle Cruiser (Star Wars) without the pointed front end. We stopped the car and watched it for several minutes as it continued to move away from us at a slow pace. Then it just was gone. That was 32 years ago and to this day when I see those friends we never talk about it for some reason. Not sure why. But we know that we think about it when we do see each other. We know what we saw and it was not of this earth. And this is the first time I have mentioned it, outside of my family. Weird, but very true.

• Members

When I was 17, many moons ago. Some friends and I were cruising in the country when a large ship flew over the car. Im talking maybe 200 yards above us. It was rectangle in shape, sort of like an Imperial Battle Cruiser (Star Wars) without the pointed front end. We stopped the car and watched it for several minutes as it continued to move away from us at a slow pace. Then it just was gone. That was 32 years ago and to this day when I see those friends we never talk about it for some reason. Not sure why. But we know that we think about it when we do see each other. We know what we saw and it was not of this earth. And this is the first time I have mentioned it, outside of my family. Weird, but very true.

Interesting!!! What an experience!!!!!

• Members

Bet it was night-time...

When I was 17, even Star Wars was years away from making its appearance, so Battle cruisers couldn't even be imagined. However, lots of kids my age were drinking massive amounts, smoking pot, and getting addicted to quaaludes....

• Moderators

It was cool to see the classified stuff when we took office though. .

It's been pretty well established and revealed (by Sen Barry Goldwater and Pres Bill Clinton, for example) that getting elected doesn't get you the inside info on this. You need HIGHER clearance than that to get the scoop - if there is any scoop.

Terry D.

• Members

Your topic subject (as well as HuffPo's headline) is slightly misleading, sir.

What they said was "The U.S. government has no evidence that any life exists outside our planet, or that an extraterrestrial presence has contacted or engaged any member of the human race." It would have been rather presumptuous to unequivocally state that aliens had never visited Earth. Earth has been around for 4.5 billion years. I'd say it's probably beyond anyone's ability to state with 100% confidence that the planet has never been visited, considering humans have been here for a tiny fraction of 1% of the planet's existence.

Anyway, the lying bastards wouldn't have admitted it regardless. :D

• Members

What they said was "The U.S. government has no
evidence
that any life exists outside our planet, or that an extraterrestrial presence has contacted or engaged any member of the human race."

Look, where's the fun in that? That's not a very catchy headline! You marketing types should know this!!!! :D

• Members

In 1980, two friends and I saw a "giant geometric light display" type unidentified object(s) moving silently through the sky over LA toward the Hollywood Hills about 3 am. One (who is easily stressed) kept insisting it had to be the Goodyear blimp -- there was only one working blimp in the US at the time -- but it was clearly not the blimp, which is a very familiar sight in So Cal skies; there was no outline.

The display was huge and 'flat' in the sense that it seemed to be horizontal and covering an area that was at least several a hundred yards across and there were no tow planes in sight. My friends both agreed that if the GY blimp was at its mooring further down the freeway when we passed by, that we had seen something HIGHLY UNUSUAL. The blimp was at the mooring, all lights, out no activity, no one around. There was no mention of it in the LA Times the next few days nor did I talk to anyone who'd seen it. The next day one of my friends would barely talk about it (he's extremely sensitive to disturbing stuff) and the other admitted we'd seen something.

I've since seen a number of videos of such "light display" UFO in various locales that were of extremely similar nature. What they are/were, I really don't have a clue.

But I definitely saw something very unusual and unexplainable then or since.

• Members

What they said was "The U.S. government has no
evidence
that any life exists outside our planet, or that an extraterrestrial presence has contacted or engaged any member of the human race." It would have been rather presumptuous to unequivocally state that aliens had never visited Earth. Earth has been around for 4.5 billion years. I'd say it's probably beyond anyone's ability to state with 100% confidence that the planet has never been visited, considering humans have been here for a tiny fraction of 1% of the planet's existence.

Anyway, the lying bastards wouldn't have admitted it regardless.
:D

The USG has lied and lied again about all sorts of things, including stuff that they had no rational reason to lie about. And it's clear that, for all their publicly stated good intentions to not be like all the other presidential administrations that went before, the Obama admin has honed pretty close to the 'national security profile' and behaviors in place since WWII. (Is Guantanamo closed yet? I rest my case.)

I thought the recent 'expose' about the (perhaps) real story of the Roswell, NM, UFO crash contained in the book, Area 51: An Uncensored History of America's Top Secret Military Base, by investigative journalist Annie Jacobsen was intriguing -- but could well have been the result of more obfuscation or simply an old man's hoax on a young journalist. The story relayed to her by a retired US government employee involved with Area 51 was that the Roswell crash was an elaborate psychological warfare attempt by Stalin's government to spread hysteria in the US. To Jacobsen's credit, she said the real scandal was the (now well documented) dangers the US government's nuclear and other tests in the same general area exposed citizens and military personnel to. They lied about those to, for a long time.

• Members

Actually, it's not. Although not quoted in the HuffPo article, the original release by Phil Larson said "The fact is we have no credible evidence of extraterrestrial presence here on Earth."

• Members

Re Bushmaster44. there are quite a few people who have seen large hardware objects in the sky. Lights could be explained by various phenomena, but hardware is something else.

What's always intrigued me are pilot reports of UFOs that are confirmed by radar. How come the pilots weren't grounded? I mean, if a pilot said "I say a giant giraffe standing on my wing" they'd be out of a gig. But if they say "I saw a cigar-shaped object the size of a football field with various flashing lights that made no noise and just mysteriously disappeared," nothing happens.

I think a lof of these things are terrestrial in origin, actually. When the Stealth was being tested it caused a lot of UFO reports. And technically, it WAS an unidentified flying object - only higher-level people knew of its existence.

• Members

Re Bushmaster44. there are quite a few people who have seen large hardware objects in the sky. Lights could be explained by various phenomena, but hardware is something else.

What's always intrigued me are pilot reports of UFOs that are confirmed by radar. How come the pilots weren't grounded? I mean, if a pilot said "I say a giant giraffe standing on my wing" they'd be out of a gig. But if they say "I saw a cigar-shaped object the size of a football field with various flashing lights that made no noise and just mysteriously disappeared," nothing happens.

I think a lof of these things are terrestrial in origin, actually. When the Stealth was being tested it caused a lot of UFO reports. And technically, it WAS an unidentified flying object - only higher-level people knew of its existence.

One of my old friends used to live by the Edwards AFB. She said they saw 'classic UFO' type stuff all the time. Long before 'stealth' helicopters were publicly revealed she told me about hanging up laundry outside their quite remote house and watching a helicopter flying zooming over her without a sound and then, as they came into view (and conversely, she imagined, she came into their view), the typical helicopter noise started "like someone flipping a switch." A few decades later, it all made sense. (Well, I figured it was some kind of noise cancellation technology when she told me the story.) I have to say, though, that my town's PD bought two "stealth helicopters" because they were supposed to be more noise-friendly -- but they are ridiculously loud. They cost roughly ten times as much as the three older Bells that they replaced. I hear them whining over the beach every now and then, they really make some obnoxious noises when the pilots put them in a steep turn.

With regard to why the airline, cargo, and military pilots who regularly report 'hardware' and other UFOs aren't grounded... pilots I know tell me it's simply too common and that too many very respected, experienced pilots have seen too many things that seemingly couldn't be explained.

The so-called "foo fighters" were extremely common sightings at the end of WWII.

Lastly, I knew a 'full bird' USMC colonel (who was stationed at El Toro Marine Air base during the 70s and 80s) who was utterly convinced that the US had extensive knowledge of what he said were extraterrestrial visitations and claimed that there was collaboration/cooperation between elements of the USG and extraterrestrials. At the time -- he was still in command but he retired some years later -- I thought he was nuts. Now, I'm not so sure.

• Members

Actually, it's not. Although not quoted in the HuffPo article, the original release by Phil Larson said "The fact is we have no credible evidence of extraterrestrial presence here on Earth."

I hate to go all logic on your backside, but it really is different to say "we have no credible evidence of an extraterrestrial presence" and to say "we have credible evidence that aliens have not visited earth." Are such negatives notoriously hard to prove? Yes. But, particularly when there is so much suggestive evidence that there definitely are widely observed and filmed/taped phenomenon for which the general population and scientific community have no explanation, I don't think we can really assume that the former statement is at all equivalent to the latter.

:)

• Members

Like Craig said, most of the stuff people claim to see are probably terrestrial aircraft or some other "explainable" situation.

Having said that, when things perform certain maneuvers that are only possible via intelligence and/or propulsion, quickly changing direction and speed for example, it most certainly has to be under the control of something or someone. Inanimate things (or things without propulsion) don't do that by themselves. It would break all of the laws of physics related to that.

There is tons of evidence from very reliable sources, including astronauts and ground based radar, of that happening multiple times so... its pretty clear to me that we aren't alone unless someone is playing pranks with objects they sent out into space, or objects they built that are too fast for our fastest fighter jets to keep up with, which is not likely... that someone here could build such a craft and we (and they) not know about it.

As a practical matter, world governments could never confirm the existence of more intelligent life, especially if they weren't human, for obvious reasons. It would create major havoc with the majority religious faiths for one thing... proof that there is a civilization who is much older and much more evolved than us - and didn't look anything like us in the worst case - really would throw Biblical stories of creation right out of the window and cause mass panic.

They'd never let that happen given a choice.

• Members

You know, the White House statement makes sense to me. I'm sure there are plenty of aliens who have not visited the Earth. After all, I'd bet they'd have to rack up some serious frequent flyer miles to be able to afford the trip. And there are plenty of other spectacular destinations around the cosmos that I'm sure some of them would rather see.

Anyway, I don't care so much about alien visits, as long as they don't stay here and try to take my job. :mad:

;)

Best,

Geoff

• Members

Thank you for sharing, and I believe you. I have heard similar stories from 2 friends, neither of which were doing drugs at the time of their sighting.

• Members

I don't accept any of that bull{censored}. I have STOOD with people who shuttered with terror at what they thought was a ghost and to me was no more than a play of lights in the distance. Your mind can fool you but only if you let it.

Do you remember a particularly cheesy Star Trek episode where they were so hard up for money they used partial sets? It was set on some planet but they were back in Tombstone, AZ, facing the Earps, Wyatt, Virgil and Doc Holliday. Spock realizes it's all a deception, nothing is real (just like The Matrix) and is thus is unhurtable. He has to use the Vulcan Mind Meld to convince the others to be as relentlessly dubious and skeptical as he is.

The point being that if you WANT to believe in ghost, magic, demons, angels and UFOs, you'll accept what you see non-critically. If you don't your perception will be quite different.

Ghosts don't scare me one bit. Live psychopaths scare me.

Archived