Craig -- I noticed you helped write the Adrenalinn manual [now with clips!]

scud133

• Members

So I'm guessing you have tons of experience with it.

It looks to be pretty much the coolest guitar fx box ever created. I already got the plugin trial version to test it out and I love it. Thinking I'm gonna have to get the actual hardware....

So did you ever do a pro review of the Adrenalinn or write anything about it? Would love to hear your thoughts.

• Members

It looks to be pretty much the coolest guitar fx box ever created.

It is :)

When I was gigging a lot in Europe with Dr. Walker and also Air Liquide, I took my guitar, an Adrenalinn, and a MIDI cable so I could sync to the MIDI out from Walker's MPC. That's all I needed.

I did a complete sample library based on the AdrenaLinn that was distributed by M-Audio. It did extremely well.

• Members

I jus checked out the video that you linked to. Wow. The examples are admittedly not the sounds that I typically go for, but they are extremely varied and interesting!!!! That's a powerful stompbox!!!
:thu:

that's just the tip of the iceberg. there are tons of clips on the site besides the first youtube video, and there's a free 14-day trial of the stompbox as a DAW plugin so you can try out the sounds on your computer.

it seems like an amazing piece of gear but i'm wondering how practical it actually is, I haven't talked to anyone that actually owns one...

• Members

I believe it is the tip of the iceberg. I mean, it's a relatively short video, so it can't possibly explore the scope of something that varied. I mean, a short video would have difficulty showing you the full scope of, say, a delay pedal!!!

As I mentioned, I go for different sorts of tones and sounds than the sounds expressed in the video, but I was still blown away by the often innovative sounds and the sheer scope of what it was doing. I do a lot of experimentation with guitar tones too, so I appreciate that kind of thing. I passed on the video to a friend who is interested in getting "non-traditional" guitar sounds, and doesn't care whether it necessarily sounds "natural". I think this would be a good fit for him.

• Members

Check these out, all the sounds except for drums were done with the AdrenaLinn. These were the demos for my "AdrenaLinn Guitars" sample library.

The one called "Cool" is more laid-back AdrenaLinn material, the one called "Hot" is more up-tempo.

There are some normal sounds in there along with the tempo-synched stuff. Besides, I think the music itself is pretty cool :cool:

Archived