Paul McCartney likes my song!

Mark L

• Members

I have been on your page on hour listening..You have so much solid material here...You know about Tunecore and CDBaby? i.e., are you working to get on iTunes? Amazon?

All my stuff's free, mate. I've given up trying to make any money out of this songwriting game

Off to bed now. Goodnight! :wave:

• Members

Nice job playa.

I like the harmonies when the chorus comes in, or more specifically the contrast between the verse (no harmonies) and chorus (lush harmonies).

And I like it when the gents come in tripping over themselves to compliment it. You should include that in the song itself, so it's always there. In the middle of the song, have them pop in with "ya know.. this is really good, especially the lyrics, did you hear what he's singing, that's very good, very good indeed..."

:cool:

• Members

Nice job playa.

I like the harmonies when the chorus comes in, or more specifically the contrast between the verse (no harmonies) and chorus (lush harmonies).

And I like it when the gents come in tripping over themselves to compliment it. You should include that in the song itself, so it's always there. In the middle of the song, have them pop in with "ya know.. this is really good, especially the lyrics, did you hear what he's singing, that's very good, very good indeed..."

:cool:

Thanks, guys :)

• Members

I think you need to give it another go, but I understand. Everything I have heard is solid. I do hear a female harmony in some things making a big impact, but Jesus. It is like I stumbled on the basements tapes of a pop band....

Female harmony? That's me with my nutcracker attachment in place ;)

I've tried sending my stuff to all manner of folk in the music industry who I thought might be interested, but no one is. Plus, I'm rather lazy when it comes to promotion. And I'm too shy to do gigs. Couple that with a supreme lack of self-confidence and you have a package doomed to failure

But it's always nice when my peers say good things about my tunes. Makes all the effort worthwhile :thu:

Between you and me, I have this fantasy where someone in the music industry comes along and says he (or she) would like to record an album of my songs with a group of musicians he (or she) has in mind. And it ends up selling millions! Kind of a 'Nads Out of Hell' thing :D

• Members

Well, I think your material is better than average based on the other stuff I hear from unsigned folk. I don't know how old you are, but, terrible stage fright kept me from singing for years. I turned 45 last year, and basically decided....{censored} it...if Tom Waits can stand up there and make it work, I am sucking it up...( and recognizing his artistic brilliance, btw). Don't croak with the regret of NOT playing out. Gather your support circle, get a gig, make them all show and do it. I actually have a friend who was pretty high up at EMI London, very long shot, but I already emailed him your page. You never know.

Either way, you have 1 fan in me.

• Members

Well, I think your material is better than average based on the other stuff I hear from unsigned folk. I don't know how old you are, but, terrible stage fright kept me from singing for years. I turned 45 last year, and basically decided....{censored} it...if Tom Waits can stand up there and make it work, I am sucking it up...( and recognizing his artistic brilliance, btw). Don't croak with the regret of NOT playing out. Gather your support circle, get a gig, make them all show and do it. I actually have a friend who was pretty high up at EMI London, very long shot, but I already emailed him your page. You never know.

Either way, you have 1 fan in me.

I've done a few gigs (5, actually). One was about 11 years ago and I was lead singer/rhythm guitarist. Hated it - just didn't like the attention. My dad was so shocked that I was going to do a gig that he videod it! That video is in circulation somewhere. Hopefully, it'll never see the light of day :D

The other 4 were a couple of years ago. I was a non-singing bass guitarist. Got bored with it and so left

Thanks for being a fan and thanks for emailing your friend at EMI. Nads Out of Hell may yet happen...;)

:)

Archived