Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paul McCartney likes my song!

Well, his second cousin (the host on the following clip) does

Me winning a song competition - heavily edited

I don't know why I start these sorts of threads - they never get any replies
    -----------------

Congrats.
    Lyrics Songs Demos Videos Covers Dj Facebook Tumblr

Before you leave the house, look in the mirror and take one thing off.

-Coco Chanel

Comment

I listened to a few. You're very good.

Comment

Was the host the guy who kinda sounds like Sir Paul?

Congrats, Mark! No reason to keep being so shy about your music!

music and social links | recent listening

Comment

Was the host the guy who kinda sounds like Sir Paul?

Congrats, Mark! No reason to keep being so shy about your music!

Yes

He's called Ted Robbins
          -----------------

Comment

****************. I have never listened to your stuff before. This is awesome! Well done. Definitely a 60's vibe, but with current punch and great lyrics.
            Good deals with - Yarbicus, CBH5150, BozzofAngels, Alvin Wilson, Harris Quinn

Oh, but you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you.

Comment

I have been on your page on hour listening..You have so much solid material here...You know about Tunecore and CDBaby? i.e., are you working to get on iTunes? Amazon?

Oh, but you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you.

Comment

I have been on your page on hour listening..You have so much solid material here...You know about Tunecore and CDBaby? i.e., are you working to get on iTunes? Amazon?

Thanks

All my stuff's free, mate. I've given up trying to make any money out of this songwriting game

Off to bed now. Goodnight!
                -----------------

Comment

I think you need to give it another go, but I understand. Everything I have heard is solid. I do hear a female harmony in some things making a big impact, but Jesus. It is like I stumbled on the basements tapes of a pop band....

Comment

Good One.
                    When I get better internet I will listen to some of your songs.

Comment

Nice job playa.

I like the harmonies when the chorus comes in, or more specifically the contrast between the verse (no harmonies) and chorus (lush harmonies).

And I like it when the gents come in tripping over themselves to compliment it. You should include that in the song itself, so it's always there. In the middle of the song, have them pop in with "ya know.. this is really good, especially the lyrics, did you hear what he's singing, that's very good, very good indeed..."

I will be banned soon, so don't get too attached.

Comment

Nice job playa.

I like the harmonies when the chorus comes in, or more specifically the contrast between the verse (no harmonies) and chorus (lush harmonies).

And I like it when the gents come in tripping over themselves to compliment it. You should include that in the song itself, so it's always there. In the middle of the song, have them pop in with "ya know.. this is really good, especially the lyrics, did you hear what he's singing, that's very good, very good indeed..."

Thanks, guys
                        -----------------

Comment

I think you need to give it another go, but I understand. Everything I have heard is solid. I do hear a female harmony in some things making a big impact, but Jesus. It is like I stumbled on the basements tapes of a pop band....

Female harmony? That's me with my nutcracker attachment in place

I've tried sending my stuff to all manner of folk in the music industry who I thought might be interested, but no one is. Plus, I'm rather lazy when it comes to promotion. And I'm too shy to do gigs. Couple that with a supreme lack of self-confidence and you have a package doomed to failure

But it's always nice when my peers say good things about my tunes. Makes all the effort worthwhile

Between you and me, I have this fantasy where someone in the music industry comes along and says he (or she) would like to record an album of my songs with a group of musicians he (or she) has in mind. And it ends up selling millions! Kind of a 'Nads Out of Hell' thing
                          -----------------

Comment

Well, I think your material is better than average based on the other stuff I hear from unsigned folk. I don't know how old you are, but, terrible stage fright kept me from singing for years. I turned 45 last year, and basically decided....**************** it...if Tom Waits can stand up there and make it work, I am sucking it up...( and recognizing his artistic brilliance, btw). Don't croak with the regret of NOT playing out. Gather your support circle, get a gig, make them all show and do it. I actually have a friend who was pretty high up at EMI London, very long shot, but I already emailed him your page. You never know.

Either way, you have 1 fan in me.

Comment

Thats awesome!! Congrats Saul!!!
                              Guitars:
                              94 U.S.A Peavey Predator
                              Epiphone 60's Les Paul Tribute Standard
                              Amps:
                              Vox Pathfinder 15r
                              Vox Valvetronix Ad100vt
                              Peavey 5150 II w/ Crate Blue Voodoo cab w/ Vintage 30's
                              Pedals: Skb Pedalboard
                              Fender PT-100
                              Crybaby Original Wah
                              Ibanez TS-9
                              Joyo Vintage Phase
                              Joyo Octave/Fuzz
                              MXR Micro Chorus
                              TC Electronic Flashback
                              MXR EVH-117 Flanger
                              Joyo 6-Band EQ
                              Member of the Squire Army + 5150 CREW

Comment