Heavenly bodies - photos of star trails in the California desert

• Members

No, no photos of Scarlett Johansson or Mila Kunis here. Yet. :D

Went out to the desert last weekend to take some night photos! Here are some of the photos and text about hanging out and watching the stars and all the technical information about stacking, star trails, night photos, long exposure photography, and the creative process, all a lot of fun!!

http://www.elevenshadows.com/travels/joshuatree2012maynightskyworkshop/

The photos are also on my Ken Lee Photography Facebook Page.

I really appreciate the encouragement and support some of you have given! T'anks!!!!!

I also have a blog entry on my Ken Lee Photography blog that describes in glorious detail how I created a star trails photo from last month. There's a few photographers on this forum who have asked me how to do this, and I've gotten quite a few Facebook messages, comments, and emails asking how how I created it, so here it is!! If you have any further questions about it, I would encourage you to ask on the blog so everyone who visits can benefit from the discusison. And please like or share it if you find it useful. Thanks!!!!!!!!

http://kenleephotography.wordpress.com/2012/06/01/photo-tip-5-steps-to-creating-this-star-trails-photo-includes-stacking-in-photoshop/

STACKED-archrock-052712-bluesky2-700px.j

109hiddenvalleyrock052612-700px.jpg

117archrock052612-700px.jpg

STACKED-hiddenvalleystartrails700px.jpg

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You crazy multi talented bastardo :)

Everytime I look at these (which has been a lot because of your incidious marketing-:) I am amazed again. Just excellent, excellent work.

Those you who have not clicked through to he larger albums, do yourself a favor, put on your favorite hippy tunes and fire up the big flat screen. Ken is a world class photographer.

• Members

Everytime I look at these (which has been a lot because of your incidious marketing-
:)
I am amazed again. Just excellent, excellent work.

MY insidious marketing basically involves a handful of Facebook posts...mwhoooohahahahahahahaha!!!! But I'm especially proud of these, and also wanted to finally share one way of doing it.

Thanks for the kind comments, Dean!

• Members

Ken,

As usual, super shots. I especially like the first two. Off to mingle with friends, but I'll look at your "how to" tomorrow. As usual, an inspiration to us hoi polloi. Keep snappin' and take care.

• Members

Rudy,

There are times when I think you`re cool and misunderstood, then there are times that I understand why you get banned. Come on man...

Copyright laws states once something is published anyone can use it as well can modify it,

this with images as well with music, otherwise it would not be possible to record cover songs.

• Members

I am asking you to be respectful and remove it immediately and respect my wishes. Thank you. I seem to recall that you made a request of me, after which I immediately changed my post. Now I am asking you to return that same respect.

• Members

I am asking you to be respectful and remove it immediately and respect my wishes. Thank you. I seem to recall that you made a request of me, after which I immediately changed my post. Now I am asking you to return that same respect.

All deleted as you wished.

• Members

It has not been removed from Photobucket as I have requested. I do not want you to store that or any of my images on that site or any other site. I do not want you to modify my images. It's that simple. Please respect my request. Thank you.

• Members

Copyright laws states once something is published anyone can use it as well can modify it,

this with images as well with music, otherwise it would not be possible to record cover songs.

We'll let the attorneys of Photobucket make that determination, Angelo Clematide.

Archived