A tooth pulled, and now I can't whistle.

• Members

File this under: AGE, INDIGNITIES OF.

This past week I had a tooth removed--- my upper right bicuspid, just behind the upper-right canine.

It had shattered, leaving only a sharp fang protruding, and the cost of rebuilding it, was very steep, so I just had 'em yank the dam thing.:idk:

And now I can't whistle. Or at least sustain a good note for more than a second or two. Just air comes out now.

I never realized that the geography of one's teeth played into the ability to whistle.

Strange. Like John Updike said: "How precious and personal are the perceptions of early childhood! Then, you grow older and come to realize that everything in the world is disposable. Including, ultimately, you, yourself."

• Members

Haha, no more What A Day For A Daydream for you. Who woulda thunk it.

I am undergoing major dental work beginning Thursday. Ugh.

Exactly so. I'm working on sound design for a theatrical piece set in the 1950's. They need a TV jingle... with a jaunty whistle interlude. I couldn't produce the sound! I had to use The Shepherd... a simulated VST whistle.

Good wishes on your dental work. Just go to your "happy place" when the drills are whirring, the smell of burnt bone fills the air, and the iron-like taste of blood fills your mouth.

[video=youtube;y2rWqe6vOGE]

[video=youtube;YjdgPm5Dlro]

Archived