Everybody thinks I'm Crazy!!

• Members

This is a song from the NRBQ album Message from the Message.[video=youtube;-mIB_DdCXN8]

Is this too much NRBQ love?

I announced that i have only mentioned the Bose line array system with which i will be using to perform tonight in 4% of my posts. I will be feeling very comfortable since the Hessian Lion in Avon Ct is not a good sounding room. I will take comfort having it, my solo performer "woobie" with me. I will perform "If you're happy and you know it clap your hands" because on Thursday i felt overwhelmingly happy!!!! Is Stranger talking about me?

• Members

The guitarist in my soul band got an L1 with two subwoofs, to replace our patched-together and clumsy bit of kit we use for our PA for private parties, etc. I thought he was nuts and that it wouldn't really replace the PA, with just one column. However, we used it twice so far, outdoor gigs where we could put it 5 or 10 feet behind the drummer, and it was excellent. Less feedback and we could all hear the vocals and horns better. Not sure whether it sounded better to the audience, but it sure was a lot easier to set up!

NRBQ is pretty cool, too.

• Members

The guitarist in my soul band got an L1 with two subwoofs, to replace our patched-together and clumsy bit of kit we use for our PA for private parties, etc. I thought he was nuts and that it wouldn't really replace the PA, with just one column. However, we used it twice so far, outdoor gigs where we could put it 5 or 10 feet behind the drummer, and it was excellent. Less feedback and we could all hear the vocals and horns better. Not sure whether it sounded better to the audience, but it sure was a lot easier to set up!

NRBQ is pretty cool, too.

The audience will hear it indoors and out with a very minimal reduction in volume. It seems to defy the inverse square law. Bose won't say how. Outdoor listeners say it is very easy to hear the lyrics of songs even very far away. I use it with a sequencer in my Korg Triton Extreme, guitar rig and vocal mic. Sounds very clear and balanced to me and my audience.

Learjeff, where are you in NC? I am in Jacksonville, NC. If close, I would like to hear how several L1's sound together..... ;)

Archived