Free CSNY Deja Vu album from Amazon

• Members

"Almost Cut My Hair" is my favorite. Crosby's deadpan delivery is hilarious. It's one of the funniest songs about hippies from inside the hippie culture. Neil's equally stone-faced 'emotionalism' in the lead work is equally droll.

I also have a soft spot for "Our House," heaven help me, tied into my 3 bittersweet years with my first GF. And "4+20" is really a good confessional song.

Oddly, the album doesn't seem to be available (as an album) on MOG (and presumably other subscription services; didn't check Spot but they're usually parallel-ish), although some of the songs pop up on career retro's from Crosby and Young and perhaps others. That said, despite the fact that I was a much bigger NY fan than CS&N -- it would be the first CS&N album that went with me to the desert island (assuming I could take a whole bunch of other stuff as well, otherwise, it's ciao-the-pretty-harmonies).

• Members

I wonder what the secret is, because it shows $5 to me, too.

However, every time I've tried Amazon downloads, the process didn't go anything like the instructions said, and no downloads resulted ... and I was charged $1 for the track. There was no way to contact them other than general feedback, which I did, and never received a response to. I tried it 5 times, on two computers (once after an OS re-install), and with two different browsers (MSIE and Firefox). I award them zero out of 5 stars for that product stream. Too bad too, because I'd really like a pay-per-track solution and can't tolerate iTunes, which wants to own every media type on my computer (won't make that mistake again!)

• Members

"Almost Cut My Hair" is my favorite. Crosby's deadpan delivery is hilarious. It's one of the funniest songs about hippies from inside the hippie culture. Neil's equally stone-faced 'emotionalism' in the lead work is equally droll.

I vividly remember my reaction to the first time I heard that song, thinking "wow these guys are really laying down some serious sh*t", and then laughing when I heard the first line. That was 1971; I was 14. A year later, 4-way Street was to be a huge influence.

But .... I'm still not really sure whether the humor was intended. Glad to hear you think it was!

• Members

I also have a soft spot for "Our House," heaven help me, tied into my 3 bittersweet years with my first GF. And "4+20" is really a good confessional song.

Oddly, the album doesn't seem to be available (as an album) on MOG (and presumably other subscription services; didn't check Spot but they're usually parallel-ish), although some of the songs pop up on career retro's from Crosby and Young and perhaps others. That said, despite the fact that I was a much bigger NY fan than CS&N -- it would be the first CS&N album that went with me to the desert island (assuming I could take a whole bunch of other stuff as well, otherwise, it's ciao-the-pretty-harmonies).

There is a long version of ACMH where it turns into a big jam. I'm not sure what it was released on, but I've heard it on Sirius Radio before.

Archived