Dammit! Jon Lord has died.

Huh?

• Members

Sad to hear. Really the worst things about these RIP threads lately is how old it makes me feel. I'm not really that old I suppose and certainly don't feel nearly as old as I am, but you know it's what the birth certificate says that freaks me out sometimes. And how far away we are from the 70's when these people seemed so young kinda freaks me out too. Where does the time go?

• Moderators

In a strange turn of synconicity... yesterday I was searching youtube for some Tommy Bolin and stumbled on some Deep Purple from when Bolin took Blackmore's place. I'm watching a live film of them killing Burn and Jon Lord starts ripping it up. Just destroying it. Really great rock playing. One of a kind. An hour later I hear of his passing.

RIP Jon

• Members

Beck, what get's me is how young my favorite artists actually were, back when they were tearing it up in the 60's and 70's........but to me, just 9 or 10 years younger they seemed so old. But when I look at photo's now of them when they were starting out...... damn they were young!!! Pimple faced kids!

• Members

Beck, what get's me is how young my favorite artists actually were, back when they were tearing it up in the 60's and 70's........but to me, just 9 or 10 years younger they seemed so old. But when I look at photo's
now
of them when they were starting out...... damn they were
young
!!! Pimple faced kids!

Yep, that too. It

• Members

Bummer! I'm so glad I got to see DP one more time last summer at Ravinia Pavilion in Highland Park Illinois (thanks to my Lady Di!) with a 70 piece orchestra... But it's sad that there will be no more with Jon. :cry:

Archived