Break On Through - video and music recorded at Blueberry Buddha!

• Members

I'd like to share with you peeps this really cool video that was filmed and recorded here at Blueberry Buddha Recording Studios.

The band is Break On Through, a Los Angeles-based Doors tribute band. I recorded the band in a similar manner to the old Sunset Sound recordings of The Doors.

The tribute band is freakin' amazing both in the studio and live, recreating the sound, look, and feel of The Doors.

And the video? Well, that's just a whole lotta fun. You'll (hopefully) see! :D

http://www.breakonthroughband.com/sightssounds.html

The video was directed by Sven Kamm.

• Members

The Doors are one of my favorite bands. My current band does a half dozen or so, and my band back in the '60s did just about the whole first album; same lead singer.! Used to play The End and When The Music's Over; imagine trying that these days. :)

Nice video. And I play an SG Classic with P90s for the Doors (and other stuff).

• Members

They're a really fun band, although perhaps not completely devoid of randomly erratic behaviors. :D That sort of intensity is what makes the "Jim Morrison" singer so convincing, though. It's really eerie how much he sounds like him live, and hopefully we've captured that on the recording as well.

I forgot to mention that I took all the photos on the Break On Through Doors tribute band website as well.

Thanks for the encouraging comments, everyone. Greatly appreciated. They're good musicians, easy to record, and have really done their homework in reproducing The Doors. The recording was an absolute blast to do.

• Members

The first tribute band I ever saw was dedicated to the Doors. It was about 1969 or 1970 and there was a combination drag race/mini-rock festival at the old Orange County International Raceway. So I got to hear that band's long and echoey version of "The End" while nitor-burning rail dragsters were taking off. It was... interesting. ;)

These guys have the spirit, for sure. And the look. The lead vocalist has the vocal moves for the most part but his vocal timbre's a bit different. (Imagine.)

The vid's a lot of fun!

• Members

I think live, perhaps because of the whole experience, he sounds more like Morrison than on the recording, although he does well on the recordings too. We're always hearing people at their gasping at how much he sounds like Morrison at the gigs we've attended. Thanks, glad you like the video.

Archived