Sonar 8.5 Problem

WRGKMC

• Members

I have this anoying problem with Sonar 8.5's plugins I've never been able to resolve.

I'll open up a project and I'm OK selecting my plugins properly for awhile. After awhile I'll go to select a plugin and what opens up is the next higher plugin on the list.

For example if I want to open the sonitus compressor, I have to click on the delay which is the next item on the list and it opens the compressor.

This only hapens after I been working in sonar for awhile, and other than it being an annoyance, everything works fine. I've gone into the VST plugin menu and rescanned,

and it reestablishes the proper order, but I cant figure out why my menus keep shifting order like that.

I've built custom menus and removed all plugins I never use.

I had done some plugin testing awhile back and wound up having a double and tripple shifting of the menus which was confusing as all get out.

I'm wondering if there may be a bad file in the VST file memory or maybe a bad

VST DLL that may be causing this. I didnt have the problem with Sonar 2

before I upgraded. I still have sonar 2 on the system. Maybe theres a conflict between the two programs?

Any pointers would be helpful. I couldnt find much googleing.

• Members

That is truly one of the most bizarre things I've heard. Maybe try this: Create a single folder and copy over all the DLLs for plug-ins you use. In plug-in manager, set it to scan only that folder for VSTs and remove links to any other folders.

I suspect the Sonar 2/Sonar 8.5 combo may be an issue, as they create paths to VST effects in the registry and that'a a huge version disparity.

Archived