Finally found a way to get a music player on a facebook page..

philbo

• Members

It turns out SoundClick.com has an app that adds a tab to the 'timeline/photos/about/...' selector on your page. I named mine Music Player. Works ok; when you click it, it opens a pop-up player that plays your songs.

For some reason, FB won't let me set that as the default tab. *&^%^%$*&

But I got around it by posting a status update with a link to the player page, and making it sticky on the top of the page.

I know ReverbNation has something similar, but I quit them when I found that ASCAP/SESAC/BMI hired thugs would visit every venue I listed on there and convince them to stop having live music.

• Members

I know ReverbNation has something similar, but I quit them when I found that ASCAP/SESAC/BMI hired thugs would visit every venue I listed on there and convince them to stop having live music.

Huh? You mean RN sics ASCAP on venues? In reference to your music, or just in general?

• Members

Huh? You mean RN sics ASCAP on venues? In reference to your music, or just in general?

I don't know. It's a sample of one. Maybe they cruise RN gig announcements. Maybe RN feeds them the data for money. I don't know. I only know my personal experience.

• Members

Philbo, if you haven't already, why don't you check out SoundCloud. I much prefer it to Soundclick....you can get bigger files on, the upload is way quicker and posts right away and I am pretty sure they have a FaceBook app or some way to get the file on there....which presents as a waveform. It looks cool too. I could be wrong about that because I know FB is hard to get music on...why is that.....are they afraid it will choke traffic or something? But look here at the SoundCloud FB page......click on the link that says "SoundCloud Speaks"

http://www.facebook.com/soundcloud

Actually, unless it has been done already... Anderton can get a piece of code that allows folks to put SoundCloud files up here on the HC Forums. The user just copies the link of his/her song they uploaded at SC, in his post or thread and when a reader clicks on a thread, the waveform of the file plays right there in the actual post window. The player is embedded or something..... you don't even have to go to the actual SoundCloud site.....no opening another website, page or window.

Anyway......I'm sure you were all over this a year ago or so.....I apologize if so. Recently at another forum I was surprised how many people still use SoundClick and did not know about SoundCloud. So I figured to mention it.

BTW MySpace has gone to the dogs, hasn't it?

• Members

MySpace was always a catastrophe for me. I got 1 song posted, my PC crashed, and I could never log in again to change or delete the page.

I may check out SoundCloud, though I just uploaded 8 songs to SoundClick in that last day.. It's a tedious time-sink, loading in lyrics/photos/song info etc., but it's still way easier than printing and dicing up CD liners!

If anyone's interested, here's a LINK to some of the songs. This is stuff I did some years back with a couple buddies. Hope you enjoy it.

Archived