Music Related Psychic Happenings

• Moderators

I am a nonbeliever! :)

We've all experienced the weird sensation of humming a song then turning on the radio to have that song playing. It's weird but, you know, that's coincidence. The thing is though, I have been experiencing things like this at an increasing rate. I mean like, an increasing rate.

Yesterday I was at a diner eating and reading Jagger. Interesting read. I was reading about Mick meeting James Taylor and Taylor introducing his girlfriend Carly Simon to Mick. And of course Mick wants to hose Carly at first sight.

Immediately I think of the tune You're So Vain. I stop reading and remember Jagger's vocal on it. And... wtf. It begins playing in the diner. I haven't heard the tune in 10 years.

Coincidence. Of course it is!!! But I am telling you, this stuff happens once a week with me now. Last week I was at my desk at work and have a passing thought about the movie Citizen Cane. "I need to see it again".

My wife calls me to say good morning and she says, "Oh man, I just watched Citizen Cane for the first time ever. Have you ever seen that movie?!?!?" We've never discussed the movie and I didn't happen to see it was coming on or anything. This is out of nowhere.

I'm not exaggerating. What is this? I don't pretend to be any sort of creepy psychic. I have no control over it. I can't predict anything. And I frequently make fun of the quacks who think they're psychic. But...

Am I one of those quacks?

Turning on the radio and hearing what was playing in my head happens more than it ever did and certainly more than coincidence intervals.

OK... it not just music or the arts. I said to my wife, "Hey how's your cousin?" We haven't spoke or thought about her in 6 months. My wife looks at me with a HOLY {censored} look in her eyes. She was just thinking about her that second she says. It would be nothing if it wasn't for the frequency.

Am I a freak?

Have you experienced this?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Keep working at it. Sounds like Jedi powers, really! Have you had your midichlorian count checked lately? Try the stock market - if you can make consistent money using your new psychic powers, then it's real enough for me. And PM me some buy tips once you've got a handle on sensing those stock price jumps just before they happen;)

Seriously - yes, I've had some extremely odd coincidental and "pre-sensing" things happen to me from time to time. I'm hard sell, 'tho, for the supernatural or whatever happening in the here and now - in spite of the fact that, intellectually, I don't rule out that possibility absolutely - I suggest "almost absolutely" as a good general attitude. As for your current spate of OMGs, I suggest filing them under "weird, but I ain't gonna get carried away".

You know that now you are hyper on the alert for coincidences in a way you weren't before...that may explain part of this, maybe?

nat whilk ii

• Moderators

Keep working at it. Sounds like Jedi powers, really! Have you had your midichlorian count checked lately? Try the stock market - if you can make consistent money using your new psychic powers, then it's real enough for me. And PM me some buy tips once you've got a handle on sensing those stock price jumps just before they happen;)

Seriously - yes, I've had some extremely odd coincidental and "pre-sensing" things happen to me from time to time. I'm hard sell, 'tho, for the supernatural or whatever happening in the here and now - in spite of the fact that, intellectually, I don't rule out that possibility absolutely - I suggest "almost absolutely" as a good general attitude. As for your current spate of OMGs, I suggest filing them under "weird, but I ain't gonna get carried away".

You know that now you are hyper on the alert for coincidences in a way you weren't before...that may explain part of this, maybe?

nat whilk ii

You sound like me. I totally agree with you. Or did... but I can tell you without any doubt, there is something going on here. I realize how that makes me sound, but hey, this is real. I may be hyper alert but you'd have to be asleep to not get seriously knocked sideways by the Jagger/You're So Vain indecent.

I'll give you another one that happened recently. My wife, daughter and I were driving up to LA from San Diego. We're doing the "tell your weird dream from last night game." Mine:

I was standing in the middle of a runway, a wide and long stretch of concrete and a huge balloon was coming out the sky and looked like it would land on me. A weird and kinda scary dream.

Five minutes later, driving down the 405, we pull alongside the Blimp landing area and a huge blimp is directly over the 405. I'm driving directly into its shadow.

Now that is just freaking weird. My wife and kid look at me and are seriously freaked out. I had the dream the night before, I relay it, and a very close version happens five minutes later.

And no, I'm from San Diego and have no idea where the blimp landing area is.

That's coincidence? Freaky, dude.

What's a midichlorian count?

• Members

Midichlorian count? You have to ask???

Midi-chlorians are a microorganism first mentioned in Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace. They are microscopic life-forms that reside within the cells of all living things and communicate with the Force.[6] They are symbionts with all other living things and without them life could not exist. The Jedi have learned how to listen to and coordinate the midi-chlorians. While every living being thus has a connection to the Force, one must have a high enough concentration of midi-chlorians in one's cells in order to be a Jedi or a Sith.[7][8]

Now about your episodes (nice creepy word):

The You're So Vain From Multiple Angles event: that sort of thing happens to me with some frequency. I think I would just laugh and tell someone asap for more laughs if I had your exact experience with that song. I mean I'm music obsessed - I'm always listening to the music in my head, I talk about music, daydream and sleepdream about music, on and on. So I give this episode only one shiver on the 10-point frisson scale.

The Simultaneous Citizen Kane event: well...it could be that both you and your wife saw or heard some recent media reference to Citizen Kane, so the same seed was planted in both your minds. You know how the media seems to multiply references in a sort of brief fad of references...you could have been set up for this one unconsciously. Or not. I give this 1.5 shivers.

The Cousin With Two Brains event: now you know, married a long time, you start to think alike. Same internal timer, same internal polling system for "what needs attention" or "haven't done this in a long time". Like "we should go to the beach you know, we havent been for ages" responded to with "yeah, that's weird, I was thinking the same thing! Just a one shiver rating, sorry.

The Haunted By Blimp event: now I like this one. It's got some legs. Oh, I suppose you could have been you looked at a road map and the blimp area was marked on it - your retina sent the image to your brain bypassing your conscious awareness, and left it unprocessed for your dreams to play around with later. Or something..but that seems a bit stretched. So, yeah, let's give this one 4 shivers on my world-famous ten-point Frisson scale.

This is fun! Keep 'em coming!

nat whilk ii

• Moderators

So it's most likely that I have a high midi-chlorian count which puts me in closer proximity to the force? That's probably it! :)

BTW, I agree that any of those are explainable and don't rate particularly high on the creep out scale but that fact that this is happening again and again more and more often. And it wasn't the latest Forster the People hit, but something I hadn't heard in 10 years and gets rare if any airplay anymore and... whew, I happened to be reading about how that very song came about. At exacty the same time!!! Wowsa! That rates higher than humming Sweet Home Alabama and it coming on the radio.

It's more like getting a phone call from Chattanooga and Chattanooga Choo-Choo comes on the box. Or the like, once a week. I'm a freak I tell you!

I wish I could remember more of them. I will.

• Members

Happen that my wife during watching tv asks me: "Didn't you compose this?" She memorizes some of what she hears every day. I couldn't even remember what I composed yesterday. It feels funny that the music I composed sounds to me as done by somebody else. I usually answer to her: "Can't remember, but you just earned another $1.05 per second, did you time the soundtrack?"

• Members

I have also been presented with "data/experiences" that simply defy all my attempts to rationalize them.

Ive been carrying around this unexplained data for several years. ( involving the demonstrated "powers" of a relative - not Me)

I dont know what to believe about it. I really dont.

However, Its a major reason my mind is as open as it is.

• Moderators

I have also been presented with "data/experiences" that simply defy all my attempts to rationalize them.

Ive been carrying around this unexplained data for several years. ( involving the demonstrated "powers" of a relative - not Me)

I dont know what to believe about it. I really dont.

However, Its a major reason my mind is as open as it is.

Exactly. Well said. I have no patience for silly, clairvoyant, Tarot reading new age freakazoids. All I know is... I don't know anything about it. But "it" is something.

• Members

I am a nonbeliever!
:)

We've all experienced the weird sensation of humming a song then turning on the radio to have that song playing. It's weird but, you know, that's coincidence. The thing is though, I have been experiencing things like this at an increasing rate. I mean like, an
increasing rate.

Yesterday I was at a diner eating and reading Jagger. Interesting read. I was reading about Mick meeting James Taylor and Taylor introducing his girlfriend Carly Simon to Mick. And of course Mick wants to hose Carly at first sight.

Immediately I think of the tune You're So Vain. I stop reading and remember Jagger's vocal on it. And... wtf. It begins playing in the diner. I haven't heard the tune in 10 years.

Coincidence. Of course it is!!! But I am telling you, this stuff happens once a week with me now. Last week I was at my desk at work and have a passing thought about the movie Citizen Cane. "I need to see it again".

My wife calls me to say good morning and she says, "Oh man, I just watched Citizen Cane for the first time ever. Have you ever seen that movie?!?!?" We've never discussed the movie and I didn't happen to see it was coming on or anything. This is out of nowhere.

I'm not exaggerating. What is this? I don't pretend to be any sort of creepy psychic. I have no control over it. I can't predict anything. And I frequently make fun of the quacks who
think
they're psychic. But...

Am I one of those quacks?

Turning on the radio and hearing what was playing in my head happens more than it ever did and certainly more than coincidence intervals.

OK... it not just music or the arts. I said to my wife, "Hey how's your cousin?" We haven't spoke or thought about her in 6 months. My wife looks at me with a HOLY {censored} look in her eyes. She was just thinking about her that second she says. It would be nothing if it wasn't for the frequency.

Am I a freak?

Have you experienced this?

OMG! You're one of us! We need to talk. Yeah, happens to me all the time since I was teenage... freaked people out.

Archived