How about one of these for your studio?

elsongs

• Members

That is really neat but it would certainly take a lot of work to make it happen.

Actually it's pretty easy to get the harp and keys out of a piano; I can do it in about 20 minutes. It's surprising how few screws hold the thing together...

• Members

That's kind of a cool idea. While it isn't necessarily ergonomically correct it's not like one is going to use it to pound a computer keyboard all day. Depending on the piano the monitor could well be lowered to make things somewhat better and a keyboard/mouse tray could be mounted under the piano keyboard.

I probably see at least three or four free pianos a month on CL in my area and I may just have to grab one of them.

• Members

Pretty cool looking. I
prefer my audio monitors angle
d and don't like that they'd be in enclosures, but for many that is the hot ticket and a perfect way to recycle an old piano.

That could easily be accomplished though they'd still be in enclosures. That effect could be lessened by porting the back and sides of the enclosure.

With all the work done on that you'd think the guy would have inset the sub into the lower section of the piano body.

• Members

Pretty cool looking. I prefer my audio monitors angled and don't like that they'd be in enclosures, but for many that is the hot ticket and a perfect way to recycle an old piano.

You can always do a version of this with a spinet; you'll just have the video and audio monitors sitting on top of the piano enclosure then rather than be embedded inside it, and you can angle them however you wish.

• Members

Long time ago I had to throw one of those out the window to record my

Concerto for Upright and Orchestra in B sharp Dorian Op. 87

If you drop it down into a coal mine the key would have to be 'A flat miner'.

Archived