Do any of you guys/gals go to AES?

roomjello

• Members

?

Dislike?

Thoughts?

I go every year, and have been since they used to be held at the Waldorf hotel in NYC (a/k/a/ "home of the world's slowest elevators").

Have you checked out our video coverage of AES? That will give you a good idea of what to expect in terms of product types. Also this year they're starting a new initiative called the Project Studio Expo, which has free exhibits and seminars geared toward project studios.

A lot depends on where you live. If you're close to San Francisco, it's a no-brainer. If you have to cover airfare, hotel, etc., it's a whole different set of considerations.

• CMS Author

I go. See my show reports on my web page.

The toy show is fun and informative but the technical sessions (which aren't free to attend) have becomea lot more approachable by mortals and practitioners rather than just physicists and mathematicians. This year they're having a special two day program of workshops and presentations aimed at the project studio user which is sponsored by a number of trade publications and it's free (which includes the trade show). It's a good incentive to spring for the travel costs if you're a recording musician.

• Members

I've never been. I have a dislike for crowds and noise (unless I'm doing a gig!), so I probably won't start. I also have enough musical and recording gear to keep me busy for the foreseeable future, so I'm not too interested in new products.

Archived