Brand New Song

Mark L

• Members

It's about a guy who gets to meet his musical hero. The musical hero rebuffs him, so the guy has him killed

Never Meet Your Heroes

In the fine tradition of catchy, jolly murder songs including Maxwell's Silver Hammer.:) Verrrry effective pop, my compliments!

The arpeggiator is bringing a bit of 80s vibe...which is something of an all-the-rage thing currently, or at least it was last time I looked.

But I want some electronic hand claps:cry:

nat whilk ii

• Members

In the fine tradition of catchy, jolly murder songs including Maxwell's Silver Hammer.
:)
Verrrry effective pop, my compliments!

The arpeggiator is bringing a bit of 80s vibe...which is something of an all-the-rage thing currently, or at least it was last time I looked.

But I want some electronic hand claps
:cry:

nat whilk ii

I'll see what I can do in my next composition ;)

• Members

Sounds good to me, I am listening on headphones, all of the instruments sound clear L/R, the vocals are clear in place along with the bass and drums in the centre, nothing seems to be overpowering anything else, with no distortion, well done, forget the recording studio they are a thing of the past. ;)

• Members

yes, tell the car mechanic who made this mix to re-balance it

the song as such is a good as any other song you made

Unfortunately, I no longer have the original individual tracks for this song (this and many others, actually). I have to constantly delete stuff to free up space on my 16-track :o

• Members

Your key transition in the chorus makes my balls itch.

C major to E major

I spent many an hour singing along to the backing track whilst driving around at work to get the transition sussed. The harmony was easier because the last note of the verse (B) is also the first note of the chorus :)

• Members

Unfortunately, I no longer have the original individual tracks for this song (this and many others, actually). I have to constantly delete stuff to free up space on my 16-track
:o

the artist nobody has ever seen, fans assume he lives somewhere in Britain, is married and has tweleve children, and his record company knows only that he throws away the master and keeps a 64 kbps mp3 of each song

:cool:

• Members

the artist nobody has ever seen, fans assume he lives somewhere in Britain, is married and has tweleve children, and his record company knows only that he throws away the master and keeps a 64 kbps mp3 of each song

I think we're on to a winner! :thu:

• Members

I think we're on to a winner!
:thu:

Yes.

I talked that over with Pete L. G., a session musician from London and touring musician of many famous British acts, he played on over 1000 British pop/rock records...

He said your strategy is brilliant !!!

no {censored}ing interviews, no photos, no facebook bull{censored}, no sex scandal, no paparazzi, no nothing ---> ONLY MUSIC

• Members

Yes.

I talked that over with Pete L. G., a session musician from London and touring musician of many famous British acts, he played on over 1000 British pop/rock records...

He said your strategy is brilliant !!!

no {censored}ing interviews, no photos, no facebook bull{censored}, no sex scandal, no paparazzi, no nothing ---> ONLY MUSIC

• Members

I started recording a cover version of "Black Market Daydreams" last night, just for the hell of it :) I needed a break. If I manage to get it finished I'll post it. BTW I found out the tempo is 155 BPM.

I had to transpose a lot lower to fit my voice - the intro chords are E-D, and the chorus starts on G#m. I'm having fun with it, putting a more electronic twist on it because obviously, the rock version has already been nailed so no point in trying to duplicate that. I used a choir pad from Kontakt on the chorus, and gated the sustained guitar chords with drums on the verses. Then when the gate is removed and the power chords sustain on the chorus, it sounds really cool :thu: OTOH the drums are totally acoustic.

In honor of your new-found discovery I'm planning on adding a manual arpeggiator part.

In a lot of ways, I think your version is "better" but it will be interesting to see your reaction when your own song gets played back to you with a different viewpoint. It's a fairly indestructible song :)

• Members

I started recording a cover version of "Black Market Daydreams" last night, just for the hell of it
I needed a break. If I manage to get it finished I'll post it. BTW I found out the tempo is 155 BPM.

I had to transpose a lot lower to fit my voice - the intro chords are E-D, and the chorus starts on G#m. I'm having fun with it, putting a more electronic twist on it because obviously, the rock version has already been nailed so no point in trying to duplicate that. I used a choir pad from Kontakt on the chorus, and gated the sustained guitar chords with drums on the verses. Then when the gate is removed and the power chords sustain on the chorus, it sounds really cool
:thu:
OTOH the drums are totally acoustic.

In honor of your new-found discovery I'm planning on adding a manual arpeggiator part.

In a lot of ways, I think your version is "better" but it will be interesting to see your reaction when your own song gets played back to you with a different viewpoint. It's a fairly indestructible song

Blimey! I'm really looking forward to hearing this :cool:

• Members

Blimey! I'm really looking forward to hearing this

Then maybe I'll post a draft rather than waiting until I nail the vocals. It usually takes me a long time to totally finish a song due to all the life interruptions, but hey, I'm among friends. If the vocals are scratch vocals, the world won't end.

• Members

Then maybe I'll post a draft rather than waiting until I nail the vocals. It usually takes me a long time to totally finish a song due to all the life interruptions, but hey, I'm among friends. If the vocals are scratch vocals, the world won't end.

It's entirely up to you, Craig. I'm quite intrigued to hear what you'll come up with :)

Archived