Got Klout?

MikeRivers

• CMS Author

I'd never heard of Klout until I heard a piece on Marketplace this morning. It apparently gives you a score of how influential you are on the Internet, and until just yesterday Justin Bieber had a higher score than Barak Obama. But they changed the algorithm so now Prez comes out higher.

I have no Klout myself since I have neither a Facebook or Twitter account, which is how you sign in to get your score. Apparently the new algorithm uses Wikipedia. I looked myself up there, and on the first page that came up in a search, along with several references to several radio DJs (Mike Rivers was one of the suggested on-air names that a DJ school had on their list) I found a reference to myself (the real Mike Rivers) in an article I wrote about magnetic tape shedding. So maybe I do have some Klout after all.

What about you?

• Members

I can't imagine having any Klout although I haven't checked. Except for posting (ie., asking and answering questions) in music, photography, football and travel pages, I don't get on the net much. I have no Facebook or Twitter account.... oh wait, I do review the occasional product for Amazon and have a whopping 2 review on Trip Advisor.... maybe I have some after-all!! :)

• Members

Pretty sure I don't have "Klout" nor will I be "apping" myself with the aim of confirming that. Facebook can be good for socializing and keeping in touch with old friends but some of the apps that are kicking around are not just highly invasive from a privacy angle but are basically annoying spambots that use YOUR name to spam your friends while disguising the fact from you.

I was just discussing this with someone who must have once hit "Like" on one of those "Do you remember what these are?" type apps that keeps posting pictures of Etch-a-Sketch and 3D-slide viewers and yo-yos and such, since the app just kept on posting stuff under her name, without her knowledge in the main news-stream, but keeping them off her own timeline. Slick.

And Facebook has to wonder why people are afraid to click their adverts? They made that bed and now they're twisting and turning in it...

• Members

I would say Michael Jackson has the most Klout of all Americans, and very likely most worldwide.

Michael was the biggest and most influental and most positive US ambassador so far.

Even Quincy Jones is far above the Pope. You guys may have no clue what Quincy does worldwide.

Archived