Clair Brothers

Rekel

• Members

This past weekend I played at an outdoors festival that had an enormous Clair Brothers PA (with a 40 channel Midas FOH board and a state of the art Yamaha monitor mixer) Of course I've heard of Clair Brothers before but I've never done a gig on their equipment.

It was almost shocking how good this PA and monitors sounded. Their subwoofers specifically were nothing short of astounding :eek:

I just wondered if anyone else here has experience with their stuff and if so, what's your opinion about this gear?

• Members

I've never "played" through their systems, but they did almost every show I ever saw in the 60s and 70s. I'm thinking the first time I heard their systems was when I saw Cream in 68 or so. I'm pretty sure they did every Yes show I saw in 70-72 and maybe also the Paul McCartney show I saw in 76... which by far was the largest and loudest and cleanest flying system I had ever heard in my life.

I didn't know those guys were still around.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I've never "played" through their systems, but they did almost every show I ever saw in the 60s and 70s. I'm thinking the first time I heard their systems was when I saw Cream in 68 or so. I'm pretty sure they did every Yes show I saw in 70-72 and maybe also the Paul McCartney show I saw in 76... which by far was the largest and loudest and cleanest flying system I had ever heard in my life.

I didn't know those guys were still around.

Thanks for your reply and sharing your experience with this brand. I've waited a while to see if other would comment on my question but going by the lack of responses, it appears so far that I'm the only one here who actually played through their system.

OTOH, like I said, it was also my first time live experience with it but hopefully not my last.

Archived