Two years GULAG for Russian girl band Pussy Riot

A. Einstein

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It had to happen so that those darn Russian citizens stay in line!!!!! We're the government and we're not messin around here with you kids "putin" us down.

Now... next thing that will happen is that the world outcry will go on for a few days, Putin will step up and commute the girls' sentence so that he'll look like a really good guy.

Then, the girls will get a deal with Warners, write a book, release a new album, get a sold out world tour opening for Coldplay, then get their own reality tv show, a bio movie starring the girls and Bruce Willis.. lots of lazers, bazookas, breakouts, and music.

The girls will travel back to Russia for a huge outdoor concert in the first quarter of 2014. Opening for them will be McCartney, Madonna, Annie Lennox, Elton John, Spice Girls, Bill Clinton on sax, Neil Diamond, Bono, Bon Jovi, Bruce Springsteen, Paul Schafer and the CBS band, Minsky, the dog from Siberia who can balance plates on whirling sticks, and Lady GaGa who will unfortunately take a wrong plane and end up in Stockton.

The show will end with all the stars onstage... with a smiling Putin... arm in arm, singing a now revised-lyrics rendition of whatever it was that got the girls thrown in jail in the first place.

All smiles all around. Blocked on youtube.

• Members

... then Putin goes hunting and shoots the last bear in Russia, and all is fine and forgotten; then in 50 years the forensics unearth all folks he ordered to disappear, and some hippie freak tear down his statue, then the Americans march in an destroy all infrastructure only to sell them all new, and all financed with untaxed money the Chinese bunker in the Alps, then we leave for another planet because this one is total screwed up except you have the cash to buy the latest Donatella Versace protective clothing, then you can stay here.

• Members

Well, The Beatles where also beaten up on one of their tour,

their {censored} was also not considered to be wise by some people who beat them back to the airport.

They threw jelly beans at Ringo.

Why do you feel a need to bring up the beatles so often?

• Members

Yeah well, they should get some sort of punishment for that.....a fine, community service...even jail time perhaps....30 days or something. Not just because they did this in a place of worship etc....but also because they are so dumb that they would pull this move in a place like Russia where they know only too well that the authorities would come down on them like a ton of bricks.

But two years?

That is beyond ridiculous. Some idiot with half a brain pulled that sentence out his ass.

• Members

I don't think what they did was particularly 'wise'

correct.

[

Putin will step up and commute the girls' sentence so that he'll look like a really good guy

Not gonna happen.

the girls will get a deal with Warners, write a book, release a new album

correct.

That is beyond ridiculous. Some idiot with half a brain pulled that sentence out his ass

totally correct.

And with all this naive approach these girls are very brave and honest.

• Members

They planned this good, 2 years max, perhaps a pardon from the Putin, they become multimillion dollar pussies, just think of all the interviews for magazines and the like these little {censored} cats will be in demand for, they will not have enough time for punk music anymore. ;)

• Members

They planned this good, 2 years max, perhaps a pardon from the Putin, they become multimillion dollar pussies, just think of all the interviews for magazines and the like these little {censored} cats will be in demand for, they will not have enough time for punk music anymore.

I wish you tried to live in modern Russia. I'm sure they DIDN'T plan it this way for vanity.

They will probably get an offer for a book but for different reasons.

• Members
I wish you tried to live in modern Russia. I'm sure they DIDN'T plan it this way for vanity.

They will probably get an offer for a book but for different reasons.

I haven't followed the story closely, but I think it's pretty clear they understood they were putting themselves in jeopardy with their civil disobedience. I mean, they didn't just set up some amps out in a deserted park. They took their protest right into the heart of the patriarchy. Or, you know, close enough.

• Members

..... I think it's pretty clear they understood they were putting themselves in jeopardy with their civil disobedience.

Sure.....just like any naive person or group trying to make a statement. But I'll bet they never considered it'd be a sentence of two years in prison......I am sure they expected to get really {censored}ed with, treated like {censored} and maybe get a month or two...probably a fine which would result in time because they couldn't afford to pay it.... or maybe they expected mom and dad to pay it for them. Maybe they naively thought public outcry would get them off.

Two years is a hell of a long time......especially in a Russian prison and given they likely don't often hand out reduced sentences for good behavior over there, it will probably be all two years. These are some young, naive kids getting tossed into a stinking Russian prison with some very hardcore individuals.........it is going to be a living hell for them. Right off the bat they are going to have to make some sort of a protection deal with someone. LOL.....Olga the serial axe murderer....."yoor my bitches now....make very happy Olga and I keep mafia off yoor asses!"

{censored}, as much as I don't really care about some stupid punk rocker chicks in Russia......I do hope some human rights group or other fights to get them a reduced sentence, something more appropriate for what they did....which really was disturb a church service.

• Members

which really was disturb a church service.

Not even this, there weren't any services at this moment. And a whole protest took just a minute.

What's different this time is never before in modern Russian history the government machine went after punks, 2-25 years old "activists" musicians. Oligarchs - yes, mafia - yes, independent paries -yes. But punk bands - never before.

They show that they will go after anybody now.

• Members

Has he gotten back to you?

No, but the site asked if I wanted a letter or email. I did it through their public site. Basically said, hey, be bigger than this, you made your point, l et them go. The world is watching. Russia is all about free {censored} :)

Archived