Another new song

Mark L

• Members

:thu:

Not sure if it is my headphones or digital distortion, the very top end seems to have slight distortion.

I have been playing your songs to a few of my friends 40-50 age range, and they say they would buy your music as easy as any commercial stuff, and they cant tell any difference in the quality, actually they say it is better than most of the crap that is released commercially anyhow, keep up the good work. :)

• Members

That's nice to hear
:)

As for the distortion, you may be right. Don't tell anyone, but I don't actually know what I'm doing
:o

You don't know what you are doing, sure, :lol:. Seriously, I have not noticed it with your other songs, my phones have very good high end, perhaps it is the mp3 conversion.

• Members

You don't know what you are doing, sure,
:lol:
. Seriously, I have not noticed it with your other songs, my phones have very good high end, perhaps it is the mp3 conversion.

Maybe. Who knows?

I'm serious about not really knowing what I'm doing. Everything I do is fairly basic. If I used a computer for recording, I'd probably be overwhelmed by the sheer number of tracks, effects and VST plug-ins available to me. I record using a standalone 16-track with built-in effects, hence my 'unique' sound :o

• Members

Maybe. Who knows?

I'm serious about not really knowing what I'm doing. Everything I do is fairly basic. If I used a computer for recording, I'd probably be overwhelmed by the sheer number of tracks, effects and VST plug-ins available to me. I record using a standalone 16-track with built-in effects, hence my 'unique' sound
:o

You are doing a good job, your recent recordings sound good on a wide variety HiFi systems, computer speaker set-ups and phones, you have learned how to master your songs fairly well. :)

• Members

You are doing a good job, your recent recordings sound good on a wide variety HiFi systems, computer speaker set-ups and phones, you have learned how to master your songs fairly well.
:)

If only you knew...

Once I've finished recording the individual tracks, I'll have a listen and see if anything needs EQing. I usually leave everything alone except for taking some of the top off my vocal tracks. I have quite a squeaky singing voice, you see

Then I choose one of about 15 'mastering effects', which are built-in to my 16-track. The one I mainly use is called 'maximiser'. It (and I quote) 'boosts the overall sound-pressure'. Allegedly

I've tried learning about computer-recording, but I just can't understand most of the terms. It all looks a bit too complicated to me :o

Archived