I bought a box of happiness

Jeff da Weasel

• Members

It's called the Strymon TimeLine. To merely call it the best delay ever created would be shortchanging its true potential. Plus, it was made by some super-genius guys with whom I used to work back in the '90s.

Anyway, I'm starting work on a new musical project where complex guitar textures will be essential, and it turns out this magic box will give me everything I need and then some. I am one happy camper. :thu:

• Members

Thanks Blue. As a good friend of mine pointed out while I was kvetching about the price, I buy gear only very rarely, and try and get the best when I do. The worst kind of buyer's remorse is realizing that if you hadn't compromised in price, you'd have gotten what you actually wanted/needed.

I'm attempting to do a very interesting project right now. I don't like genre labels, but it definitely has some post-rock influences, along with some other non-pop styles. In any case, I seriously want to write and record the entire thing between now and Thanksgiving, so having a really state-of-the-art spatial processor that can inspire me to create quickly will be paramount to that goal.

• Members

The TimeLine is an excellent delay. I have a Pigtronix Echolution which is awe-inspiring, absolutely lush and beautiful and three-dimensional, with tons of easy-to-use controls and NO menus. You guys have heard me go on and on about this delay for a while. Gorgeous.

Strymon does not make junk. It's really high quality, gorgeous-sounding stuff. I have the Strymon BlueSky Reverb. I already had reverb, but after hearing this and the beautiful shimmery (if you wish) sounds, I had to get it.

• Members

The
TimeLine
is an excellent delay. I have a
Pigtronix Echolution
which is awe-inspiring, absolutely lush and beautiful and three-dimensional, with tons of easy-to-use controls and NO menus.

Ken, my final three contestants were the TimeLine, the Echolution, and the Eventide TimeFactor. Ultimately, the Echolution seems like the absolute coolest in "inspire and go" delays. But I actually liked having the savable presets on the TimeLine based on the layered and bpm-synced sound I'm going for. Plus, it just sounds like God. :thu:

• Members

It's called the
Strymon TimeLine
. To merely call it the best delay ever created would be shortchanging its true potential. Plus, it was made by some super-genius guys with whom I used to work back in the '90s.

Anyway, I'm starting work on a new musical project where complex guitar textures will be essential, and it turns out this magic box will give me everything I need and then some. I am one happy camper.
:thu:

Very sweet sounding box. Looking forward to more Zak Claxton!

• Members

btw- I`ve known you since 1947 or something like that... why is it Jeff "da Weasel""

:confused:

Pretty simple answer, which you may recall. I've spent my career as a marketing person for musical instrument/pro audio product manufacturers. After hearing people in my professional referred to as "marketing weasels" for so many years, I decided to adopt the moniker. At one point, I wrote an article for a magazine and my bio read that I was the King Marketing Weasel of the company I worked for at the time, and the name stuck. :)

• Members

Pretty simple answer, which you may recall. I've spent my career as a marketing person for musical instrument/pro audio product manufacturers. After hearing people in my professional referred to as "marketing weasels" for so many years, I decided to adopt the moniker. At one point, I wrote an article for a magazine and my bio read that I was the King Marketing Weasel of the company I worked for at the time, and the name stuck.
:)

Never heard that story. :thu:

• Members

Ken, my final three contestants were the TimeLine, the Echolution, and the Eventide TimeFactor. Ultimately, the Echolution seems like the absolute coolest in "inspire and go" delays. But I actually liked having the savable presets on the TimeLine based on the layered and bpm-synced sound I'm going for. Plus, it just sounds like God.
:thu:

Jeeez, you cannot go wrong with any of those. Those would probably be my three top picks as well.

• Members

Ernest!! I wonder what happened to you. I figured the Black Market Daydreams cover thread would get your attention, but apparently that's trumped by drool-worthy delays :) And BTW - thanks for the heads-up on the Equator D5s. I probably wouldn't have checked them out if you hadn't raved about them.

But back to the thread...so Jeff, who were the genius people you worked with in the 90s? Wasn't that during your tenure at Alesis?

• Members

Ernest!! I wonder what happened to you. I figured the Black Market Daydreams cover thread would get your attention, but apparently that's trumped by drool-worthy delays
And BTW - thanks for the heads-up on the Equator D5s. I probably wouldn't have checked them out if you hadn't raved about them.

But back to the thread...so Jeff, who were the genius people you worked with in the 90s? Wasn't that during your tenure at Alesis?

Hello Craig,

Vacation + start of school + sessions kept me away from mid-August to now.

I`m back mate. :thu:

Glad you`re liking the D5s!

Peace,

EB

• Members

Indeed. Strymon is a new-ish aspect of the little company called Damage Control, and two of the guys who run the place are Gregg Stock and Pete Celi, both of whom worked at Alesis while I did. Pete is a guru of DSP algorithms, and it shows with their products. I can't tell you how cool this box is, Craig. Hopefully the music I do with it will speak for itself.

• Members

Pretty simple answer, which you may recall. I've spent my career as a marketing person for musical instrument/pro audio product manufacturers. After hearing people in my professional referred to as "marketing weasels" for so many years, I decided to adopt the moniker. At one point, I wrote an article for a magazine and my bio read that I was the King Marketing Weasel of the company I worked for at the time, and the name stuck.

I always wondered about that. I figured anyone who would call himself a weasel must be confident in his manhood and I respected that. I call marketing people marketeers

• Members

I listened to every demo on the site. It sounds fantastic. So clean, so precise. I imagine you'll get some amazing sounds outta this!

Being involved in this business as long as I have, there is one downside to great demos of an audio tool: they're often performed by people who are extremely talented, and that part doesn't come in the box. :D

• Members

Oof that thing is phenomenal. Very nice dad, you must be jazzed.

I especially liked the ethereal one, example number 3 and the hi pass example where you could set the freq....wow. I use a Rob Papen delay which has 6 delay lines and 8 filters, 4 modulation filters, 4 LFO's and 4 envelopes..........but none of the examples sound as great as what few I heard on that box. I guess I better go see if I can get somewhat close.

Man, I'm envious. That is why I shut off the demo video........otherwise the G.A.S is gonna build to dangerous levels. Ouch...expensive! Oh well, quality costs. Congrats!

• Members

Man, I'm envious. That is why I shut off the demo video........otherwise the G.A.S is gonna build to dangerous levels. Ouch...expensive! Oh well, quality costs. Congrats!

I am pretty damn stoked about it. Like any really good creative tool -- a guitar, a keyboard, some software, some outboard gear, whatever -- I find that it goes beyond the pedestrian aspect of serving its purpose and moves into the range of inspiration to create new stuff. That is priceless {censored} right there. :)

Archived