Recorded 20 New Demos in the last 2 months...damn!

sventvkg

• Members

In awe of your productive mojo here...

So far (listened to half a dozen) I like the simpler arrangements, the straight-ahead vibe where the whole production is clearly geared to carrying your voice along.

The hand-claps around 1:55 in Faithless Woman, if they weren't rhythmic, sound just like something clipping at least on my crappo computer playback - I think they are a good idea, great place for hand claps, but they sound pretty unnatural on my system FWIW. I know this is a demo - and this is a quibble - I only mention it because it was a distraction, which is what a demo doesn't want to cause. Maybe iz just me...wouldn't be the first time:)

So listenable as usual, perfect radio material - in a fair world you'd sell a ton of this stuff.

nat whilk ii

• Members

In awe of your productive mojo here...

So far (listened to half a dozen) I like the simpler arrangements, the straight-ahead vibe where the whole production is clearly geared to carrying your voice along.

The hand-claps around 1:55 in Faithless Woman, if they weren't rhythmic, sound just like something clipping at least on my crappo computer playback - I think they are a good idea, great place for hand claps, but they sound pretty unnatural on my system FWIW. I know this is a demo - and this is a quibble - I only mention it because it was a distraction, which is what a demo doesn't want to cause. Maybe iz just me...wouldn't be the first time:)

So listenable as usual, perfect radio material - in a fair world you'd sell a ton of this stuff.

nat whilk ii

Thanks for listening man..I did the handclaps about 2 feet out in my room from my SM7 through Great River pre and the only thing on them is verb..Not clipping and 4 different tracks so definitely NOT fake or unnatural. I did bus them to the Drum Bus instead of making a percussion bus and that Drum buss does have NY Parallele Comp bus next to it..Maybe its too much and I should just take the claps out of the drum buss for them to sound right..I'll check it out...Good ear and thanks for the advice.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived