No announcement yet.

I think Sonar X2 might be IT.

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think Sonar X2 might be IT.

From watching the webinar, it looks like they finally realized the way to my heart.
    Finally.
    Who ever has given them a kik in this smart direction deserves a big hug.
    A few more upgrades in this direction and it might start getting recognized as the best program out there, by the big guys too.
    How does a monkey eat an elephant?

I looked into that, it is a great improvement however I can still do what I need to do with 8.5.3PE, of course I'm on an older machine. I like the Silverlight interface it's crystal clear and uncluttered and that's a plus but when you get down to it an upgrade would not improve my production capabilities. I wonder with the constant cycle of upgrades if all we had was Audacity I believe we could still put out some great work's.

Comment

I DLed X2 last night and will be installing it today. What about it appeals to you so much?
      There are now 14 music videos posted on my YouTube channel, including four songs by Mark Longworth. Watch the music video playlist, subscribe, and spread the links! Check back often, because there's more to come...

Comment

I looked into that, it is a great improvement however I can still do what I need to do with 8.5.3PE, of course I'm on an older machine. I like the Silverlight interface it's crystal clear and uncluttered and that's a plus but when you get down to it an upgrade would not improve my production capabilities. I wonder with the constant cycle of upgrades if all we had was Audacity I believe we could still put out some great work's.

When I first got X1, I installed it side-by-side with 8.5. Even in its earliest buggiest state, it was so much more efficient I never went back to 8.5.

Older machine could be an issue, though...people have reported running X2 on Windows XP, but I believe Cakewalk says future updates with not be XP-compatible.
        There are now 14 music videos posted on my YouTube channel, including four songs by Mark Longworth. Watch the music video playlist, subscribe, and spread the links! Check back often, because there's more to come...

Comment

From watching the webinar, it looks like they finally realized the way to my heart.
          Finally.
          Who ever has given them a kik in this smart direction deserves a big hug.
          A few more upgrades in this direction and it might start getting recognized as the best program out there, by the big guys too.

Thanks for a link to what you're talking about.
          Silk City Music Factory: A Connecticut Recording Studio

Comment

When I first got X1, I installed it side-by-side with 8.5. Even in its earliest buggiest state, it was so much more efficient I never went back to 8.5.

Older machine could be an issue, though...people have reported running X2 on Windows XP, but I believe Cakewalk says future updates with not be XP-compatible.

I've got sonar X1Le and like I said It doesn't really improve my workflow as I still fall back to 8.5.3, I also have Presonus Studio One V2 and I find myself using that more as I like their way of doing things (Drag and Drop, Mastering suite and awesome onboard plugs). when I go to an upgrade for my machine and sound card I might just stick with Presonus but then again who knows by that time Craig.

Comment

Thanks for a link to what you're talking about.

I think this is the Video Philter:

Comment

I always do my upgrades late. It seems like I just get the hardware and software cranking the way I like them
                and then they dump a new upgrade on the market. My last jump was Sonar 4 producer to 8.5 Producer.
                I got good deals on both because I waited till I found them at the cost I wanted. Legal of course.

I thought about getting X1 essentials but It isnt like its a producer uppgrade.
                X2 requires you to pay doubble from 8.5 to X2.
                Its $99 from 8.5 to X1 and another $99 from X1 to X2.
                If you go straight from 8.5 to X2 its $199 which blows if you ask me.
                They are upgrades not full versions and I'm sure allot of stuff in there is the same
                old code with a new GUI added as eye candy. I'll pass for now.

Comment

My dad was a Cakewalk user since 3.0 and when he upgraded to X1 he was bitterly disappointed and went back to 8.5. I jumped ship around 8 to Logic, so hearing about how different Sonar is these days is interesting.
                  -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

Originally Posted by Dew Knot Hump

I've said this before but **************** Musicians Friend in their stupid ****************ing faces.

Originally Posted by rickenvox

Realizing Ringo's talent is just a litmus test to identify musical idiots

Originally Posted by PFB

Ringo may have been the weakest link of the Beatles, but that's like being the worst president on Mt. Rushmore.

Comment

I've got sonar X1Le and like I said It doesn't really improve my workflow as I still fall back to 8.5.3, I also have Presonus Studio One V2 and I find myself using that more as I like their way of doing things (Drag and Drop, Mastering suite and awesome onboard plugs). when I go to an upgrade for my machine and sound card I might just stick with Presonus but then again who knows by that time Craig.

Studio One is a really fine program, particularly because of the Mastering Page and how it's handled. However, one reason I stick with Sonar is there are a few features it has that SOP and other programs don't have (e.g., being able to edit Acidized files - I have a huge library of Acidized files, I use them a lot for audio-for-video). I also really like Sonar's ProChannel implementation, and that the 64-bit version can handle 32-bit plug-ins. So a lot of times, what causes a person to choose one particular DAW over another isn't some huge important feature, but a collection of smaller ones that make a difference in the kind of projects they do.

I was doing some recording with a hip-hop group last night using Pro Tools, and it too remembered what people played when you hit record

Comment

They lost me at the Roland turnpike !!! All the new iterations and differing levels are a PITA . They seem to want to sell allot of compressors and extras; I've got all those from Voxegno and other fine 3rd party Dev's. I also like deciding whats defaulted in my channels strips for myself..... If they really want $200 to go from 8.5 to the present than it'll most certainly never happen Rolnarwalk!!
                      First kill the goose by refusing to feed it , then blame it for dying and not giving anymore gold eggs

Professionalism is an attitude and , not a possesion that you own forever once you have acheived something.

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."

Albert Einstein

Comment

Yeah, I have moved on after many years with the Cakewalk crowd. Great visuals on the screen, not so great results coming out of the speakers.

Comment

I think this is the Video Philter:

Thanks. I have a good long distance friend who uses Sonar so I was curious about how it looked.
                          Silk City Music Factory: A Connecticut Recording Studio

Comment

I was so pissed with X1, such a drag, hard as hell to edit, all glitz no function.
                            I bought it and have tried over and over to use it AND NEVER HAVE used it for a full project. 8.53 still is the best to date and i use it with out a hitch. Great program.
                            Although some, what are now basic features, and obviously the best features from other programs, are now being incorporated in X2, scroll bar zoom, automation tracks.
                            Jesus it took forever to get track folders.
                            You know it just historically has seemed that the people who control the vision for the program, who keep adding the other nonsense and breaking the stuff that did work don't actually do traditional audio recording and editing on it, or some of this stuff would have been in it/fixed years ago.
                            It's just been so UN Pro to the traditional audio recording person since the beginning.
                            Again 8.53 presented the only solid fully functional version to date, and it is a good program.
                            X1 is stupid. But i have hope for X2.
                            How does a monkey eat an elephant?

Comment

I have x2 Studio, and the 64 bit version is not running all my pre-existing projects properly. I get a freezing of the GUI when clicking mute or solo buttons. The length of the freeze is commensurate with how many plugins are loaded.

This does NOT occur in x2 32 bit, nor my 64 bit install of X1 Studio.
                              Download my instrumental album at music.steamtheory.com or http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/steamtheory2

Comment

Working...
                              X