X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harmony-Central Reported Attack Page?

My browser gave me this warning when I clicked on my bookmark for SSS tonight. Alright yoos guys... cut it out! There's nothing on my computer worth the trouble. LOL Well I ignored the warning anyway. There must be some mistake.

"Everybody loves you when you're six foot in the ground."
    ~John Lennon

I got something similar and Avast killed it. Not happening anymore though.
    <div class="signaturecontainer">&quot;If Obama wins a second term I will leave the forum&quot;. - Visconti</div>

Comment

Someone probably linked or hotlinked to another site, and that site is hosting something less than kosher. Notice that the reports from Google give us (HC) a clean bill of health in that we have not infected anyone... the problem lies elsewhere.

I've reported this to IT and we're definitely working on it. If you happen to run across any links to, or hotlinked images that are hosted on amp*ge.org, please note the thread link and post number and send it to me in a PM and I'll take care of it. (Amp*age link / mention removed by Phil 10-3-12)

Thanks!

Oh, and if you'd like to see screen shots of the reports (showing that HC isn't the source of the problem), you can view them in this thread.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

I am at least a bit concerned about this from the FF block-explanation page:
        Of the 276 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 7 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2012-10-02, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2012-10-02.
        That sure sounds like acapella.harmony-central.com was the vector for a driveby.

music and social stuff | The Forgotify Files | A Year of Songs | mutant pop on facebook | roots acoustic on facebook

The chorus seems a little weak... I think it needs more lasers.

Comment

It happened with firefox, so I went to safari - not there.

Edit - it took a few pages, and it was on Safari, but that browser allowed a bypass, firefox sent me round in circles.

Red hair and black leather, my favourite colour scheme.

....Richard Thompson

Comment

I'd like to know where this Attack Page Warning web page is coming from. It pops up very fast. Could it be from my DNS servier? I'll have to try using a different one just for fun.
            --
            "Today's production equipment is IT-based and cannot be operated without a passing knowledge of computing, although it seems that it can be operated without a passing knowledge of audio." - John Watkinson, Resolution Magazine, October 2006
            Drop by http://mikeriversaudio.wordpress.com now and then

Comment

One of the guys on the PP said that changing preferences in Safari fixed if for him, although you won't get a warning that your Mac could get a Windows virus. It worked right away, though I haven't tried it in Firefox.

Red hair and black leather, my favourite colour scheme.

....Richard Thompson

Comment

Working...
              X