linux firefox says that this is an attack site ????

techristian

• Members

They only got it a quarter right. It's an attack - decay - sustain - release site.

We're safe, and not infectious. Someone probably linked to, or more likely hotlinked to an image from amp*ge.net, (Amp*age link / mention removed by Phil 10-3-12) and we're now guilty by association, even though even Google is reporting no one got infected from us, and there's zero malware on our site.

They're trying to get it fixed, and at some point, someone has to contact Google to get that cleared up - it's in IT's hands at the moment. Please pass the word that the site's safe!

• Members

Jeez, Why don't you guys put up a notice. Craig: "Please pass the word that the site's safe!" For {censored}'s sake...

It's a little more complicated than that. We wanted to make sure we received a clean bill of health from the vBulletin people, which we have, but we also want to know why this happened and more details. A concern is that we could put up a message saying "The site is safe" and then get hit with something else that IS a problem, then have to deal with "But you said it was safe..."

As an analogy, the door is closed and that's fine. But, we don't know for sure if the lock is fixed or not. It certainly appears to be, but we want to test/probe a bit more. We also want to know why some people don't see any attack site notices at all, while a few isolated people saw them over a week ago, long before anyone else.

As you all know I'm not an IT person so I find the whole situation rather confusing, and the IT people are too busy being IT people to educate me on the subject.

Archived