It Was 50 Years Ago Today

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It Was 50 Years Ago Today

that 'Love Me Do' was released in the UK

And the rest, as they say, is history....

I think I'll listen to The Fabs all day as I drive around Liverpool in my small car, delivering and collecting dental lab work. And then home to yet more Beatles and strong cider

(And then do some more work on my latest tune )
    smoke - new album
    the mirror - album
    storm - album
    the asylum - forum

And it was 42 years ago today that Janis Joplin was fopund dead of a heroin overdose at Hollywood's Landmark Motel.
    Every paint-stroke takes you farther and farther away from your initial concept. And you have to be thankful for that. Wayne Thiebaud

Friend me on FACEBOOK!

Comment

And 30 years ago a few days ago (Oct 1) that Sony shipped their first commercial CD player.
      --
      "Today's production equipment is IT-based and cannot be operated without a passing knowledge of computing, although it seems that it can be operated without a passing knowledge of audio." - John Watkinson, Resolution Magazine, October 2006
      Drop by http://mikeriversaudio.wordpress.com now and then

Comment

Who says entropy isn't real?

music and social links | recent listening

Comment

And one year since Steve Jobs' death.
          www.guslozada.com

Comment

It was 49 years ago about now that JFK was still alive, I heard "Please Please Me"six or seven times on the radio..... it bombed on the charts, including here locally... I didn't think much of the song... there was a tiny news article in the paper, describing the Beatles effect a world away and the article seemed silly.. the small pic of the band seemed... sillier. What a difference the next 14 weeks would create.

It was 47 years ago that I discovered groupies. I personally thank the Beatles for that, even though the didn't invent it.

It was 40 years ago today (give or take), that I bought a second Teac 3340 so that I could ping-pong tracks between machines to get more tracks.

It was 31 years ago about now that I bought my first digital mixdown machine... a Technics sh100 14 bit convertor connected to a vcr. I was ecstatic for the next six or seven years.

It was 17 years ago (give or take), that I got to talk to Craig Anderton on the phone for a few seconds and he enthusiastically told me that he "had to hang up now".

This has been a most wonderful time in history to live.

Comment

It was 17 years ago (give or take), that I got to talk to Craig Anderton on the phone for a few seconds and he enthusiastically told me that he "had to hang up now".

I got the chance to talk to Craig Anderton on Skype recently. I bottled out
              smoke - new album
              the mirror - album
              storm - album
              the asylum - forum

Comment

It was 101 years ago yesterday that my dad was born.
                Just because you do not take an interest in politics doesn't mean politics won't take an interest in you.

...Pericles

Comment

Was that when the explosion happened? Or was it the saucer landing in the front yard? I don't remember. In any event, it...

Ooops, gotta go.
                  Simplicity, my new album project, is now streamable from my YouTube channel.

Subscribe, like, and share the links!

Comment

I can't believe no one mentioned an event of extreme importance: on this day (October 6) in 105 BC, at the battle of Arausio the Cimbri inflicted a huge defeat to the Roman army of Gnaeus Mallius Maximus.

On a more "SSS" kinda note, in 1927 the first movie with a soundtrack debuted: "The Jazz Singer."
                    Simplicity, my new album project, is now streamable from my YouTube channel.

Subscribe, like, and share the links!

Comment

It was about 9 months after that song was released when I was born, I wonder if the Beatles are responsible. Me Do.

Comment

Working...
                      X