Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there anything about you which is false?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there anything about you which is false?

Teeth?

Hair?

Personality??
    smoke - new album
    the mirror - album
    storm - album
    the asylum - forum

Sorry. I meant to post this in Open Jam

Mods, please delete
    smoke - new album
    the mirror - album
    storm - album
    the asylum - forum

Comment

Much to my own chagrin, i'm me and very straight forward about it

Comment

Sorry. I meant to post this in Open Jam

Mods, please delete

If you'd meant to post this in OJ, it would have been titled "Is there anything about you that is true?"

Terry D.
        Telling Stories releases 2nd CD, see our WEBSITE! Please check out my GROUPIE STORY and Tales from the Road.

Comment

I've had a penis reduction.

Comment

I've had a penis reduction.
            I took the penis deduction.

Its appetites were so ravenous that I had to declare it a dependent.

music and social links | recent listening

Comment

Not anymore. I used to fake tan and bleach my hair. But I'm all real now.
              Every paint-stroke takes you farther and farther away from your initial concept. And you have to be thankful for that. Wayne Thiebaud

Friend me on FACEBOOK!

Comment

I'm sporting breast enhancement and ****************loads of Botox. An ass lift and a gut tuck. Plugs and aqua contacts. But my heart keeps it real.

Comment

Is there anything about you which is false?

I'm in my 40th or so year of overdubbing blazing lead gtr solos in small sections to then create mind-blowing big solos. I refuse to gig any more, so no one knows for sure (including me), what I would sound like, playing my own stuff live.

Does that make me false?
                  Does this guitar make me look fat?

Comment

I'm in my 40th or so year of overdubbing blazing lead gtr solos in small sections to then create mind-blowing big solos. I refuse to gig any more, so no one knows for sure (including me), what I would sound like, playing my own stuff live.

Does that make me false?
                    Does this guitar make me look fat?
                    I find, probably not unlike fish and war stories, that over time I begin believing my own comped solos. Edits that used to stick out so bad I almost would get my lazy backside back to the DAW to redo them slowly start sounding like brilliant and surprising turns of melodic phrase. After a while, I start believing that real frankenstein edit jobs were actually one-takes: Ah, a little something I just whipped off during a Law & Order commercial.

You tape guys will probably recall the common notion that tape splices would usually sound better after a short period. Old wives' tale or the voodoo of magnetism, I dunno, but it sure seemed that way to me. (Of course, the other end of that continuum -- the splice that's seen more than its day -- was not imagination. Put enough laps on even the best splice and things start getting funky. Ah, the good ol' days.)

music and social links | recent listening

Comment

I use pitch correction on my voice sometimes. And quantization for MIDI.
                      Simplicity, my new album project, is now streamable from my YouTube channel.

Subscribe, like, and share the links!

Comment

I use pitch correction on my voice sometimes. And quantization for MIDI.

JUDAS!!!!
                        smoke - new album
                        the mirror - album
                        storm - album
                        the asylum - forum

Comment

JUDAS!!!!

But in a way, I'm even false about those because I do pitch correction manually, on single notes, and I usually quantize to 75% strength instead of the full 100%. Well, except for the kick. That's always the anchor.
                          Simplicity, my new album project, is now streamable from my YouTube channel.

Subscribe, like, and share the links!

Comment

But in a way, I'm even false about those because I do pitch correction manually, on single notes, and I usually quantize to 75% strength instead of the full 100%. Well, except for the kick. That's always the anchor.

Whereas I'm gloriously and unapologetically out-of-tune on most of my vocals
                            smoke - new album
                            the mirror - album
                            storm - album
                            the asylum - forum

Comment

I've edited my recorded guitar into something far better than it initially was once or twice.

I'm actually Scandinavian, but due to a freak sun lamp accident, my appearance is Asian.

Also, I don't actually look like a cathead in a flower.
                              Ken Lee on 500px / Ken's Photo Store / Ken Lee Photography Facebook Website / Blueberry Buddha Studios / Ajanta Palace Houseboat - Kashmir / Hotel Green View - Kashmir / Eleven Shadows website / Ken Lee Photography Blog / Akai 12-track tape transfers / MY NEW ALBUM! The Mercury Seven

Comment

Working...
                              X