No announcement yet.

Kraftwerk Nominated for Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kraftwerk Nominated for Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

Whether they're rock and roll or not, they certain deserve it. They have definitely been one of the most influential groups in the music biz. Anyone object?
    Simplicity, my new album project, is now streamable from my YouTube channel.

Subscribe, like, and share the links!

Object? No way. Without Kraftwerk there'd be no Depeche Mode, Prince, Devo, and many many many other artists who looked to them as a huge inspiration.

Comment

From me, one of my fav electronic groups.

Comment

who else is on the list this year ?
        an expert on what it feels like to be me
        & you are who you google
        http://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1

Comment

YES !! GREAT !!
          http://musicinit.com/fastfingers.php An Experiment in 80's Technology

http://youtube.com/techristian My YOUTUBE channel
          Music videos at http://musicinit.com/video.php

Comment

I sure wish the Kingston Trio would be inducted.... or someone would remember to nominate them.

Were it not for so many of us following the trio on the planet in 62-63, there wouldn't have been 18,000,345 guitar players throwing their acoustic guitars out the window and trading up to electric stuff in February 1964.

In the meantime, yeah, Kraftwerk has a place. It's a cinch Yes is never gonna get in, so why not.

Comment

Kraftwerk's contribution to rock has been incalculable. I think it's great.
              Every paint-stroke takes you farther and farther away from your initial concept. And you have to be thankful for that. Wayne Thiebaud

Friend me on FACEBOOK!

Comment

Definitely deserved. They're not really my cup of tea - in fact I don't own (and never have owned) a single Kraftwerk song, though I've liked a few of them - but their influence is inarguable.
                http://www.surrealisticpenguin.com

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Surrealistic
                  View Post

Definitely deserved. They're not really my cup of tea - in fact I don't own (and never have owned) a single Kraftwerk song, though I've liked a few of them - but their influence is inarguable.

I read an article somewhere many years ago called "Kraftwerk - the most influential band ever?" It was mostly about bands who said they'd been influenced by Kraftwerk, and the list was both long and prestigious.

I've heard that their main guy, Florian Schneider, was independently wealthy and so Kraftwerk could always be whatever he wanted it to be, he wasn't depending on it to make a living. Apparently he also likes bicycling a lot
                  Simplicity, my new album project, is now streamable from my YouTube channel.

Subscribe, like, and share the links!

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by mister natural
                    View Post

who else is on the list this year ?

Most notably, I believe Rush was nominated.

Here's the "snub list" of bands that have failed to enter the HOF:

http://www.futurerocklegends.com/The_Snub_List.php

You become eligible 25 years after your debut. The entry for Bjork barely seems possible (she has been eligible longer than bands like Cure), but apparently she had an album in the 1970s when she was a kid.

Oh, and yes to Kraftwerk X1000000

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Anderton
                      View Post

I've heard that their main guy, Florian Schneider, was independently wealthy and so Kraftwerk could always be whatever he wanted it to be, he wasn't depending on it to make a living. Apparently he also likes bicycling a lot

That's funny. The co-founder of Yello is also a multimillionaire. Maybe you had to be a millionaire to actually afford synthesizers in those days.

Comment

View Post

+1
                        smoke - new album
                        the mirror - album
                        storm - album
                        the asylum - forum

Comment

View Post

I have no idea what you listen to, but have you ever heard the first two or three Kraftwerk albums? If you like groups like Can or Neu, you might enjoy this. They play all the instruments, have real acoustic drums, a flute player, etc. Here, have a listen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbK1GulvSDQ

Also, check out early stuff like "Tone Float" (which I think is under the name of "Organisation" or other early stuff and see if you like that better than the more sequences, synthesized, robotic stuff. Now, I like that version of Kraftwerk too, but the early stuff is very very different and also quite influential. See what you think.
                          Ken Lee on 500px / Ken's Photo Store / Ken Lee Photography Facebook Website / Blueberry Buddha Studios / Ajanta Palace Houseboat - Kashmir / Hotel Green View - Kashmir / Eleven Shadows website / Ken Lee Photography Blog / Akai 12-track tape transfers / MY NEW ALBUM! The Mercury Seven

Comment

This might be an unpopular view (or maybe not), but I don't have a lot of use for a R&R Hall of Fame in the first place.

YMMV and that's cool

Comment

Working...
                            X