Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Posted a New Music Video: "Little Pieces"

Collapse



X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Posted a New Music Video: "Little Pieces"

    Warning: It's sort of dark and industrial...I'll do something more cheery next time






    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5kRCxczHGw
    N E W S O N G ! To Say 'No' Would Be a Crime (Remix) is now streamable from my YouTube channel.

    Subscribe, like, and share the links!

  • #2
    "I feel life through an amplifier, but I can't control the gain". Great line



    You're right, Craig, it is quite a dark song. Are you okay?



    I enjoyed the combination of computer-generated music and some good old-fashioned guitar-soloing. I've listened to it three times now and it's growing on me. Good work, sir!
    new album - smoke
    forum - the asylum

    Comment


    • #3






      Quote Originally Posted by MarkydeSad
      View Post

      You're right, Craig, it is quite a dark song. Are you okay?




      Thanks for asking.








      I enjoyed the combination of computer-generated music and some good old-fashioned guitar-soloing. I've listened to it three times now and it's growing on me. Good work, sir!



      ...and thanks for the props. This was actually a "Craig's Accessories" kind of song from a technical standpoint. The nasty drum loops were from my "Turbulent Filth Monsters" sample library. The synths were Cakewalk Rapture, using sounds from my Minimoog and Electronic Guitar expansion packs.



      It was a very strange song to do. It went together quickly at first, then changed direction. I was about to scrap it when I started the mix over from scratch, and then it all just fell into place. There is considerable merit to your "just do it and get it over with" approach
      N E W S O N G ! To Say 'No' Would Be a Crime (Remix) is now streamable from my YouTube channel.

      Subscribe, like, and share the links!

      Comment


      • #4






        Quote Originally Posted by Anderton
        View Post

        Thanks for asking.







        ...and thanks for the props. This was actually a "Craig's Accessories" kind of song from a technical standpoint. The nasty drum loops were from my "Turbulent Filth Monsters" sample library. The synths were Cakewalk Rapture, using sounds from my Minimoog and Electronic Guitar expansion packs.



        It was a very strange song to do. It went together quickly at first, then changed direction. I was about to scrap it when I started the mix over from scratch, and then it all just fell into place. There is considerable merit to your "just do it and get it over with" approach




        See? I'm good for something!



        Why don't you cover one of my cheery songs for your next project, Craig? (I really like your take on BMD). Save you the trouble of writing one, eh?
        new album - smoke
        forum - the asylum

        Comment


        • #5






          Quote Originally Posted by MarkydeSad
          View Post

          Why don't you cover one of my cheery songs for your next project, Craig? (I really like your take on BMD). Save you the trouble of writing one, eh?




          Got a request for which song you'd like covered?



          BTW - I'm finally finishing up that cover version of the Animals' "We Gotta Get Out of this Place" I've been threatening to do. I wrote the Harry Fox agency about what I needed to do to get a license to play it on YouTube, and they basically said "We don't license that kind of thing, but YouTube has agreements with several publishers. Go ahead and post it, and they'll let you know if there's a problem."



          Well, about 4,513 people have posted different versions done by the Animals or accompanied with slide shows they made, so I figure I probably won't get sued.



          Purists will get upset...there's a four on the floor kick, and a really psychedelic vocal treatment in the middle.
          N E W S O N G ! To Say 'No' Would Be a Crime (Remix) is now streamable from my YouTube channel.

          Subscribe, like, and share the links!

          Comment


          • #6






            Quote Originally Posted by Anderton
            View Post

            Got a request for which song you'd like covered?



            BTW - I'm finally finishing up that cover version of the Animals' "We Gotta Get Out of this Place" I've been threatening to do. I wrote the Harry Fox agency about what I needed to do to get a license to play it on YouTube, and they basically said "We don't license that kind of thing, but YouTube has agreements with several publishers. Go ahead and post it, and they'll let you know if there's a problem."



            Well, about 4,513 people have posted different versions done by the Animals or accompanied with slide shows they made, so I figure I probably won't get sued.



            Purists will get upset...there's a four on the floor kick, and a really psychedelic vocal treatment in the middle.




            **************** the purists!



            How about My Lucky Day? I reckon you could do a really interesting version of that particular song
            new album - smoke
            forum - the asylum

            Comment


            • #7
              Interesting, I had actually considered doing that one. I guess it's unanimous I hear kind of a Bowie-esque "Golden Years" arrangement...
              N E W S O N G ! To Say 'No' Would Be a Crime (Remix) is now streamable from my YouTube channel.

              Subscribe, like, and share the links!

              Comment


              • #8






                Quote Originally Posted by Anderton
                View Post

                Interesting, I had actually considered doing that one. I guess it's unanimous I hear kind of a Bowie-esque "Golden Years" arrangement...




                Now that would be interesting!
                new album - smoke
                forum - the asylum

                Comment


                • #9






                  Quote Originally Posted by MarkydeSad
                  View Post

                  Now that would be interesting!




                  Let's see if my range works. I'll definitely have to transpose it down, as I did with BMD.



                  I suppose this exchange should be PMs, but what the hell, we're exposing the creative process Or at least the creativity need to steal, ooops I mean cover, one of your songs.
                  N E W S O N G ! To Say 'No' Would Be a Crime (Remix) is now streamable from my YouTube channel.

                  Subscribe, like, and share the links!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Good stuff Craig... I like it!
                    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

                    “Music is well said to be the speech of angels... nothing among the utterances allowed to man is felt to be so divine."

                    ~Thomas Carlyle

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I LIKE IT !!



                      DAN
                      http://musicinit.com/fastfingers.php An Experiment in 80's Technology

                      http://youtube.com/techristian My YOUTUBE channel
                      Music videos at http://musicinit.com/video.php

                      Comment


                      • #12






                        Quote Originally Posted by Anderton
                        View Post

                        Let's see if my range works. I'll definitely have to transpose it down, as I did with BMD.



                        I suppose this exchange should be PMs, but what the hell, we're exposing the creative process Or at least the creativity need to steal, ooops I mean cover, one of your songs.




                        Or by email
                        new album - smoke
                        forum - the asylum

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          how come this thread has 250 views, but the video only has 125 views?
                          I will be banned soon, so don't get too attached.

                          Comment


                          • #14






                            Quote Originally Posted by Goobers
                            View Post

                            how come this thread has 250 views, but the video only has 125 views?




                            Probably when they read the warning about it being "dark and industrial," they decided not to click on "Play."



                            Come to think of it...if HC's ads got a 50% click-through, we could probably jack up our ad rates by 1,000%!
                            N E W S O N G ! To Say 'No' Would Be a Crime (Remix) is now streamable from my YouTube channel.

                            Subscribe, like, and share the links!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              lol



                              I will be banned soon, so don't get too attached.

                              Comment













                              Working...
                              X