Posted a New Music Video: "Little Pieces"

Anderton

• Members

"I feel life through an amplifier, but I can't control the gain". Great line thumb.gif

You're right, Craig, it is quite a dark song. Are you okay? frown.gif

I enjoyed the combination of computer-generated music and some good old-fashioned guitar-soloing. I've listened to it three times now and it's growing on me. Good work, sir! smile.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by MarkydeSad View Post
You're right, Craig, it is quite a dark song. Are you okay? frown.gif
Thanks for asking.

I enjoyed the combination of computer-generated music and some good old-fashioned guitar-soloing. I've listened to it three times now and it's growing on me. Good work, sir! smile.gif
...and thanks for the props. This was actually a "Craig's Accessories" kind of song from a technical standpoint. The nasty drum loops were from my "Turbulent Filth Monsters" sample library. The synths were Cakewalk Rapture, using sounds from my Minimoog and Electronic Guitar expansion packs.

It was a very strange song to do. It went together quickly at first, then changed direction. I was about to scrap it when I started the mix over from scratch, and then it all just fell into place. idn_smilie.gif There is considerable merit to your "just do it and get it over with" approach thumb.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Anderton View Post
Thanks for asking.

...and thanks for the props. This was actually a "Craig's Accessories" kind of song from a technical standpoint. The nasty drum loops were from my "Turbulent Filth Monsters" sample library. The synths were Cakewalk Rapture, using sounds from my Minimoog and Electronic Guitar expansion packs.

It was a very strange song to do. It went together quickly at first, then changed direction. I was about to scrap it when I started the mix over from scratch, and then it all just fell into place. idn_smilie.gifThere is considerable merit to your "just do it and get it over with" approach thumb.gif
See? I'm good for something! smile.gif

Why don't you cover one of my cheery songs for your next project, Craig? (I really like your take on BMD). Save you the trouble of writing one, eh? idea.gif

• Members
Why don't you cover one of my cheery songs for your next project, Craig? (I really like your take on BMD). Save you the trouble of writing one, eh? idea.gif
Got a request for which song you'd like covered?

BTW - I'm finally finishing up that cover version of the Animals' "We Gotta Get Out of this Place" I've been threatening to do. I wrote the Harry Fox agency about what I needed to do to get a license to play it on YouTube, and they basically said "We don't license that kind of thing, but YouTube has agreements with several publishers. Go ahead and post it, and they'll let you know if there's a problem."

Well, about 4,513 people have posted different versions done by the Animals or accompanied with slide shows they made, so I figure I probably won't get sued.

Purists will get upset...there's a four on the floor kick, and a really psychedelic vocal treatment in the middle. smile.gif

• Members
Got a request for which song you'd like covered?

BTW - I'm finally finishing up that cover version of the Animals' "We Gotta Get Out of this Place" I've been threatening to do. I wrote the Harry Fox agency about what I needed to do to get a license to play it on YouTube, and they basically said "We don't license that kind of thing, but YouTube has agreements with several publishers. Go ahead and post it, and they'll let you know if there's a problem."

Well, about 4,513 people have posted different versions done by the Animals or accompanied with slide shows they made, so I figure I probably won't get sued.

Purists will get upset...there's a four on the floor kick, and a really psychedelic vocal treatment in the middle. smile.gif
{censored} the purists!

How about My Lucky Day? I reckon you could do a really interesting version of that particular song smile.gif

• Members
Now that would be interesting! cool.gif
Let's see if my range works. I'll definitely have to transpose it down, as I did with BMD.

I suppose this exchange should be PMs, but what the hell, we're exposing the creative process smile.gif Or at least the creativity need to steal, ooops I mean cover, one of your songs.

• Members
Let's see if my range works. I'll definitely have to transpose it down, as I did with BMD.

I suppose this exchange should be PMs, but what the hell, we're exposing the creative process smile.gif Or at least the creativity need to steal, ooops I mean cover, one of your songs.
Or by email idea.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Goobers View Post
how come this thread has 250 views, but the video only has 125 views? confused.gif
Probably when they read the warning about it being "dark and industrial," they decided not to click on "Play." smile.gif

Come to think of it...if HC's ads got a 50% click-through, we could probably jack up our ad rates by 1,000%!

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by techristian View Post
I'm going to post this on my Facebook page Craig. This is too good for only 136 views. I'll post at 10:30 pm (in a few minutes) Let's see what happens.

Dan

That's much appreciated, anything to spread the word helps smile.gif Tell 'em to subscribe! There's more to come. Even another cover of a Marky song!

Archived