No announcement yet.

AutoTune the revolution

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AutoTune the revolution

I have a video feed from Tahrir Square in Cairo on right now, during the protests. They are playing an Egyptian song over the PA. And , lo and behold, the vocal is heavily autotuned.

They are doomed.

But Antares Technology clearly is not!
    Simplicity, my new album project, is now streamable from my YouTube channel.

Subscribe, like, and share the links!

Comment

I've heard something like that myself. Middle Eastern microtonal singing sounds really odd when auto tuned. I'm guessing that no one has come up with a microtonal grid for Autotune yet.

music and social links | recent listening

Comment

I heard a piece on Morning Edition this morning about how PBS is remixing classic shows (the Mr. Rogers video clip that I think was posted here was one of their examples) and they emphasized that they were "Autotuned." Some were just plain silly, some were just mixed like a modern hip-hop record with extensive use of delays (and autotune to create melodic pitch where there really is none needed).
        --
        "Today's production equipment is IT-based and cannot be operated without a passing knowledge of computing, although it seems that it can be operated without a passing knowledge of audio." - John Watkinson, Resolution Magazine, October 2006
        Drop by http://mikeriversaudio.wordpress.com now and then

Comment

Working...
        X