Clear All

• Cheetahs in Slo Motion

ABSOLUTELY STUNNING.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryst
    View Post

ABSOLUTELY STUNNING.

Wow, the cameraman runs just as fast!

Comment

Get up early (7-8am est) or set the dvr to Animal Planet and watch "Big Cat Diaries".
      Tim O'Brien

Comment

There's probably a few that are waiting for footage of cougars in slow motion.
        Ken Lee on 500px / Ken's Photo Store / Ken Lee Photography Facebook Website / Blueberry Buddha Studios / Ajanta Palace Houseboat - Kashmir / Hotel Green View - Kashmir / Eleven Shadows website / Ken Lee Photography Blog / Akai 12-track tape transfers / MY NEW ALBUM! The Mercury Seven

Comment

Two thoughts:

1. I can't believe how much time the cheetah spends not even touching the ground.

2. Poachers should be shot.
          Simplicity, my new album project, is now streamable from my YouTube channel.

Subscribe, like, and share the links!

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Anderton
            View Post

Two thoughts:

1. I can't believe how much time the cheetah spends not even touching the ground.

IIRC, human 100-meter sprinters spend less than a second during the 10-second race in actual contact with the ground. Given two legs vs. four, that might be even a smaller ratio than the cheetah. For what it's worth...

Comment

This reveals that their running is a series of leaps/jumps. The back legs do all the work and the front legs are stabilizers.
              "In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."- George Orwell

My music: http://www.oranjproductions.com

The first website dedicated to the the baritone guitar: http://www.thebaritoneguitar.com

Comment

What amazed me most besides the cameraman running just as fast was how little their heads moved... amazing stability.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Anderton
                  View Post

2. Poachers should be shot.

Agreed.

I actually got to see a Cheetah run the San Diego Zoo. It's one thing to see it on camera, but to witness it in person hit over 60mph in a matter of seconds is pretty incredible. I have so much love for Big cats. I plan on working with them a lot once I'm done doing this music thing. Either at an animal sanctuary or zoo or something.

Comment

Working...
                  X