nothing after Dec 20 ?

techristian

• Members

They've got a schedule for the 21st as of just now. Actually, since it goes to 2 a.m., I guess you could say they have it into the 22nd.

Maybe they're taking a post-eschatologistic world one day at a time.

Although, there may be a chilling message in the programming... they're playing Cold Case almost all day and after midnight they switch to Without a Trace.

So, you know, don't renew those subscriptions for 2013 just yet...

• Members

Not that I worry much about doomsday issues, but two things: 1) the Mayan codex doesn't mention the end of the world, just the end of a cycle and 2) when I was in the Yucatan, talking with some Mayans they thought it was funny. According to them, no one really knows how to calculate the Mayan calendar, including the modern Mayans who use it..... so we may have already passed the deadline or it could be years away. Can't say I'm an expert on any of it, but I DID survive the millennium scare in 2000, so that is saying something.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Anderton View Post
Actually, if all television ended on the 21st that would probably mean a rebirth of civilization, not the end of it.

What was that movie with Bruce Willis where everyone had their own surrogates? Oh ya Surrogates. Remember the end when they all got unplugged? THEY ALL WENT OUTSIDE !!

Some have said a paradigm shift of all humanity, but I don't beleive any of this. I thought it unusual of ION to stop the schedule so soon because they usually have it 6 weeks ahead. I'm having fun with this.

Dan

Archived