Post A Festive Pic Of Yourself As A Youth

Mark L

• Members

This is me, Christmas '55. We were not well off, living on the 2nd floor of my Grandparents, but my folks always managed to have plenty of presents from Santa under the tree. I actually remember the fire boat that squirted water in the bathtub and the car wash gas station was one of my favorite toys.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by UstadKhanAli View Post
Hopefully these links work. First time I've linked to photos on Flickr, I think:

8252897687_5e3ac7bac7_c.jpg
Ken playing piano by Ken Lee Photography, on Flickr

8252897739_c17eaf7055_c.jpg
Ken in Hawaii by Ken Lee Photography, on Flickr
Tickling the ivories at an early age eh, Ken? I like it cool.gif

And the obligatory angst-ridden teenager pic. We've all been there biggrin.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by sailorman View Post
This is me, Christmas '55. We were not well off, living on the 2nd floor of my Grandparents, but my folks always managed to have plenty of presents from Santa under the tree. I actually remember the fire boat that squirted water in the bathtub and the car wash gas station was one of my favorite toys.
Sweet smile.gif

Love the car-wash thumb.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by MarkydeSad View Post

And the obligatory angst-ridden teenager pic. We've all been there biggrin.gif
I thought that was my brooding Elvis look. biggrin.gif

Before about two months ago, I had never seen that photo. My friend posted it on Facebook, so I downloaded it and stuck it up on Flickr. And I don't remember that photo being taken either. I do know that the photo was taken in Hawaii after high school.

• Members

Here I am, Christmas 1964 with my Aunt Mate, my great-aunt on my father's side, from the Ozark Mountains of northwestern Arkansas. She was wonderful... so wise and kind and softspoken, and I loved sitting on her ancient, brittle lap. She had never married. [ATTACH=CONFIG]350551[/ATTACH] Like nearly every adult in the Sixties, she chainsmoked. I had just gotten this book for Christmas, a picture-book called GOOD MORNING, FARM!, and I half suspect my mother still has that book packed away somewhere. It was filled with colorful photos and illustrations of all the animals one is likely to encounter on a farm. I loved it.

Everything was beige in the Camelot Era, as some of you will attest.

(-;

[uPDATE:: Wouldja look at what I found on the Interwebz? This is exactly how it appeared in the 1960's]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]350553[/ATTACH]

Archived