Great metal/hard rock albums of of the 21st Century?

UstadKhanAli

• Members

Thanks! I've been meaning to check out Gojira, so now I have something to go check out. I've liked some of the Mastadon and Isis stuff, but haven't totally gotten into them; and I've been a Tool fan for quite some time.

I tend to like what some refer to as "classic metal" as far as metal goes (you know, Priest, Maiden, etc.) and of course loooove Sabbath, but like a lot of other stuff as well, such as some of the stuff by Grief, 16, etc.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I don't know if this qualifies as "rehashed", but Black Country Communion has some really great stuff. Glenn Hughes sounds great.

Not too many metal or hard rock fans on this forum, apparently. Or at least, not fans of these genres in the past 12, 13 years anyway. biggrin.gif

• Members

Ha ha exactly right 4 me anyway. After Vulgar Display of Power came out. I was like metal can't go any further than that. Yet they tried and so far beyond my threshold, I couldn't go for 99 percent of it. Yet. A couple mentions in this thread. Wolfmother yeah I dug that. Tool of course was great. Mars Volta is band that has caught my ear quite a few times.
But I mainly wanted tell you about puscifer which is maynards new band. I haven't been sold on the albums kindy jammy and boring, but if you get a chance to see em live do it. They just get down. Its dark like tool and has metal tones here and there, but the music in general is a bit chill meets industrial, with the drummer from primus "herb"

Archived