Been nice knowing you

Mark L

• Members

Well, this is it. The end

I hear police-car sirens outside and I'm sure I felt an earth-tremor whilst in bed this morning. Mind you, that could have been Mrs deSad farting redface.gif

Pity we never got 'round to writing our "magnum 'opeless", Craig

See you on the other side, guys. It's been fun cry.gif

• Members

Little known by the general public, the Mayans that finished that calendar were geeks. They actually did their calculations in hexadecimal. 1000h is not 1000 years as most believed, but rather 4096 years. Knowing that, we have at least another 8,000-12,000 years before the earth splits in half.

Dan

• Members

Also i would like to add that man can not predict the future...simply can't..

For instance; i predicted that Fervid's album How? would be a big succes. And even though it IS a great album in can not say without blinking that is is a big succes....not even a small succes to be honest...

How much more proof you want that man can not predict the future?

• Members

On the strength of the coming apocalypse, I made love to several people at work....against their will, obviously

And I beat the crap out of several others

Might be a tad embarrassing on Monday if the world doesn't end tonight redface.gif

*Crosses fingers*

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by JVGM-music View Post
Also i would like to add that man can not predict the future...simply can't..

For instance; i predicted that Fervid's album How? would be a big succes. And even though it IS a great album in can not say without blinking that is is a big succes....not even a small succes to be honest...

How much more proof you want that man can not predict the future?
Well, there is no Mayan prediction of utter calamity. It's just the end of a cycle.

Also, man CAN predict the future. I predicted yesterday that we'd still be around, that the world would not end. And here we are. biggrin.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by UstadKhanAli View Post
Well, there is no Mayan prediction of utter calamity. It's just the end of a cycle.

Also, man CAN predict the future. I predicted yesterday that we'd still be around, that the world would not end. And here we are. biggrin.gif
The day isn't over just yet, Ken wink.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by MarkydeSad View Post
The day isn't over just yet, Ken wink.gif
When you wrote that, it was 5:38 a.m. on the 22nd in Hong Kong.

That said, nothing to say the world couldn't end by time zone -- as was oft-speculated in the wait-up for the last big End-o-Times blow-out.

(On that one, an Christian evangelist involved with a huge chain of religious radio stations had said the world would end at exactly some time or other. 11 a.m. sticks in my head but maybe it was midnight or noon or such. All these eschatologies run together in my mind after their particular predicted end comes and goes. But God didn't tell him what time zone that was gonna be, so, naturally, people were wondering. As it turned out, God apparently got his wires crossed -- or maybe he wasn't really whispering in Reverand Spacecase's ear after all.)

But I'm thinking the sudden black-out of communication with one of the world's great financial centers would have been noticed by now...

Archived