Sad picture of a band or: how to gather a crowd

JVGM-music

• Members

Oh gee. I'm guessing all of us have played a gig like this at one time or another.... A "crickets" gig. You have to get very Zen about the whole thing, in order not to have your ego bruised. If your music/show is at all good, though, you are likely to attract a bigger crowd as time goes by. It helps to know the natural "rhythm" of your gigging venue, too: ie., the time that clusters of people tend to waft in.

P.S. where was this photo taken? It looks like Germany somewhere.

• Members
At least they had a stage awning.

Once at the end of the 70s I had to play with a punk band in January in the rain -- in front of about 500 rocker dudes who were most definitely not amused by this punk/new wave business in the slightest. We didn't get hit by any bottles but the next band did -- breaking the bass player's axe.

I'd rather just play in front of someone's mom. I don't see her cocking a bottle of Roggenbier over her shoulder... wink.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by rasputin1963 View Post
Oh gee. I'm guessing all of us have played a gig like this at one time or another.... A "crickets" gig. You have to get very Zen about the whole thing, in order not to have your ego bruised. If your music/show is at all good, though, you are likely to attract a bigger crowd as time goes by. It helps to know the natural "rhythm" of your gigging venue, too: ie., the time that clusters of people tend to waft in.

P.S. where was this photo taken? It looks like Germany somewhere.
Will ask....think Holland...

• CMS Author

Will someone let me in on the secret? I don't get it. What's wrong with this picture?

It looks like the stage is at the end of a pier, with benches to sit on if you don't mind walking on water . . . and that there's someone walking on water. Or is imagination running wild? It's been raining hard all day and my back yard is flooding, so I have to keep watch on the basement. Maybe that's it.

• Members

Oh, nothing wrong .......much anticipated gig,spoiled by bad weather and an absent crowd.....what can you say...the band will still perform their music as if playing in a sold out stadium...

i think everybody who is working in music will have experiences like this......i just thought this picture said more than a thousand words can....

Archived