Too Many RIPs!

MikeRivers

• CMS Author

Listen to this musical montage from today's Morning Edition.

How many do you recognize? And how many have you listened to in the past? Me, I lost count.

And too late for this piece, we just lost Mike Auldridge, most famously from The Seldom Scene, who brought a new style of playing the Dobro (OK, so in later years he played a "resophonic guitar") to bluegrass music and spawned a generation of modern players.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by MikeRivers View Post

How many do you recognize? And how many have you listened to in the past? Me, I lost count.

And too late for this piece, we just lost Mike Auldridge, most famously from The Seldom Scene, who brought a new style of playing the Dobro (OK, so in later years he played a "resophonic guitar") to bluegrass music and spawned a generation of modern players.
In my line of work, I average about 4 funerals a week so it doesn`t throw me at all.

People die everyday, all ages, all walks of life from all different types of incidents: accidents, natural death, suicides, overdoses, illness, and on and on it goes...

Gives me a different perspective than most I think... there is no guarantee for tomorrow and everyday is a gift. All those cliches are true.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by MikeRivers View Post

RIP, Mr Auldridge.

I heard that NPR montage. I turned on the radio just before so I didn't know what it was... it took about 3 seconds to figure out. Many great artists passed this year... like so many before.

We all fall like the petals from a lotus, ever unfolding.

Unless we really mess it up and kill the whole damn plant...

Archived