Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have been the highlights of your musical year?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roomjello, or whatever the heck your name is,

That
    Chris 'Von Pimpenstein' CarterMixer | ProducerThree international #1 hit radio singlesMe: www.vonpimpenstein.com | Studio: www.feistychicken.com | Facebook: www.facebook.com/chriscarterproducerNEW MIX RATES: Standard major label $700, Standard indie/unsigned $300 (temporary price), Budget $250, Promo $49-$99

Comment

That
      Chris 'Von Pimpenstein' CarterMixer | ProducerThree international #1 hit radio singlesMe: www.vonpimpenstein.com | Studio: www.feistychicken.com | Facebook: www.facebook.com/chriscarterproducerNEW MIX RATES: Standard major label $700, Standard indie/unsigned $300 (temporary price), Budget $250, Promo $49-$99

Comment

And...

Taking my buddy Lee Charles Kelly's very cool lyric (from the songwriting forum right here folks!), adding a few little lyric touches of my own, and writing and producing up this track. Good fun. A highlight for sure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rw6ti-quBIU

Comment

And...

Taking my buddy Lee Charles Kelly's very cool lyric (from the songwriting forum right here folks!), adding a few little lyric touches of my own, and writing and producing up this track. Good fun. A highlight for sure.

Comment

I mixed and produced several albums. Couple of tunes became "Best rock-song" and "Best Song" in AK in 2012. You could check it here:

https://itunes.apple.com/au/artist/i...ht/id540434581

But the most surprising project happened at the end of 2012. I was asked to remix in surround recording done on tape 30 years ago! That was something! Again, I was working with a huge track recorder transferring 4 tracks and then keeping everything as pristine as possible.

This sound of tape! Fat, full-bodied, silky highs

Comment

I mixed and produced several albums. Couple of tunes became "Best rock-song" and "Best Song" in AK in 2012. You could check it here:

But the most surprising project happened at the end of 2012. I was asked to remix in surround recording done on tape 30 years ago! That was something! Again, I was working with a huge track recorder transferring 4 tracks and then keeping everything as pristine as possible.

Comment

Comment

I went to a "coffee house" concert to see a couple of my favorite performers, The Duo-Tones. They are Paul Johnson, one of the founding fathers of surf music, who has been playing with the Surfaries (there's only one original member left) of Wipeout fame for quite a while, and Gil Orr, who has been playing with the Chantays (Pipeline) for decades (as well as being an excellent jazz player). Together, they play the old 60's surf tunes, and other instrumentals without bass or drums, both acoustically, and plugged in. This particular night, Paul was very late in showing up, and after a half hour of Gil entertaining us with some jazz, he invited me on stage to play a couple of surf tunes with him. It was quite a thrill for me, even though I suffer from almost crippling stage fright.

My Web Site - Tunes - Pictures - Guitar Projects - Native American Style Flute Projects - Hard Rock Cafe Guitar Pins
                  My Eclectic YouTube Channel

Comment

I went to a "coffee house" concert to see a couple of my favorite performers, The Duo-Tones. They are Paul Johnson, one of the founding fathers of surf music, who has been playing with the Surfaries (there's only one original member left) of Wipeout fame for quite a while, and Gil Orr, who has been playing with the Chantays (Pipeline) for decades (as well as being an excellent jazz player). Together, they play the old 60's surf tunes, and other instrumentals without bass or drums, both acoustically, and plugged in. This particular night, Paul was very late in showing up, and after a half hour of Gil entertaining us with some jazz, he invited me on stage to play a couple of surf tunes with him. It was quite a thrill for me, even though I suffer from almost crippling stage fright.

My Web Site - Tunes - Pictures - Guitar Projects - Native American Style Flute Projects - Hard Rock Cafe Guitar Pins
                    My Eclectic YouTube Channel

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Leites
                      View Post

That is really cool, Jeff!

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Leites
                        View Post

That is really cool, Jeff!

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by chris carter
                          View Post

That

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by chris carter
                            View Post

That

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Luke17
                              View Post

So Roomjello is a 'Nancy Boy' Stalker who eats 'Sour Grapes?'

Sounds like the perfect scenario for a 'Lifetime' TV channel Movie.

I read Roomjello's question as valid.

For someone who's producing that kind of treacly Euro-pop, do they really like it or is it just a gig?

I had a gig doing some treacly music once, and the truth is... I did like it
                              I will be banned soon, so don't get too attached.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Luke17
                                View Post

So Roomjello is a 'Nancy Boy' Stalker who eats 'Sour Grapes?'

Sounds like the perfect scenario for a 'Lifetime' TV channel Movie.

I read Roomjello's question as valid.

For someone who's producing that kind of treacly Euro-pop, do they really like it or is it just a gig?

I had a gig doing some treacly music once, and the truth is... I did like it
                                I will be banned soon, so don't get too attached.

Comment

Working...
                                X