Grab Free Stuff from NI Before Jan 1

Anderton

• Members

Not exactly free - it's 30 day trial ware. At least until you can register it, which I haven't been able to do (the provided key did not work). I deleted the program, but kept the plugin. After trying it, I'm unimpressed with the presets, but there is potential in what appears to be a transient shaping tool in the plug.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by philbo View Post
Not exactly free - it's 30 day trial ware. At least until you can register it, which I haven't been able to do (the provided key did not work).
Did you try to authorize it with the latest version of the Service Center? And did you install where the program wanted to be installed? NI stuff wants to be installed in particular places, as that's where the Service Center looks for unregistered programs, so it can ask you to register it. Once I registered it, the License Type for the plug-ins showed "Full."

I have to say, NI is one of the companies where I just accede to whatever they want to install, wherever they want to install it, with the exception of Kontakt libraries which NI expects you to put on an external drive anyway. If you follow the "NI Way of Life," everything works the way it's supposed to. At least, it has for me...

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by electrochrisso View Post
What is this Traktor software like, what is the bare minimum to get started, Pro 2 with the audio interface?, or do you need scratch pads and all that stuff too?
You can just install Traktor on a laptop and make things happen. But - trying to run DJ software without a separate cue monitor and physical controller takes all the fun out of it. An analogy would be the difference between playing a guitar, and having a virtual guitar on screen where you play it by clicking on the frets where you want notes to sound.

I use Traktor with NI's S2 but I'm upgrading to Numark's 4TRACK - it's an extremely hip and wonderful Traktor controller, and it's built like a tank. It didn't sell as well as Numark had hoped, so you can find really good deals on it.

• Moderators

I just played a simple sub bass part in NI's Massive, then tracked an electric bass an octave up playing roughly half of the sub part, then ran that bass guitar through Driver with a little resonance and set at around 350Hz. Neato!!!! Crank the Distortion a little and... Boss!!!!!

This simple disco octave bass part is acting as a pad almost. Very cool. Driver is happening.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Anderton View Post
You can just install Traktor on a laptop and make things happen. But - trying to run DJ software without a separate cue monitor and physical controller takes all the fun out of it. An analogy would be the difference between playing a guitar, and having a virtual guitar on screen where you play it by clicking on the frets where you want notes to sound.

I use Traktor with NI's S2 but I'm upgrading to Numark's 4TRACK - it's an extremely hip and wonderful Traktor controller, and it's built like a tank. It didn't sell as well as Numark had hoped, so you can find really good deals on it.
Thanks for getting back Craig, that Numark 4TRACK looks cool, it has so many great features, and has a big discount, even here in Australia for $900, my mind is being temped, I might be up for an early Christmas present. smile.gif

• Members

I have decided not to go full bottle on this, until I have had a bit of a play with this DJ stuff, so I have snapped up a bargain BCD2000 controller for $16, it has 1 fault with a slider, I might even be able to fix it with any luck, and have also been checking out this open source DJ software called Mixxx. Music is fun, I love it, and the technology that goes along with it. :womanwink:

• Members

electrochrisso wrote:

Originally Posted by
Anderton
View Post

Thanks for getting back Craig, that Numark 4TRACK looks cool, it has so many great features, and has a big discount, even here in Australia for $900, my mind is being temped, I might be up for an early Christmas present.
smile.gif

I got 4TRAK for a Christmas present :)  I was wrong, it's not cool. It's extremely, mind-bendingly cool. A superb Traktor controller.

Archived