It's official - HC 2.0 is live!!

Anderton

• Members

Hey Craig, I have noticed, I already see that some people are already **bleep** at the changes, I don't mind I like changes, and do it all the time, its one of the signs of the times and I like it, hmmm maybe I should turn that into a song, anyway I am all for it, I like changes, stagnation makes the world go stale.

• Members

It Works! :)

Now if I can just find out what happened to "Backstage with the Band" :( and there appears to be no way to navigate to "Open Jam" or "Political" although posts in those forums appear in "off topic"? And why is this reply window only 2 inches wide :( ? Is there a "**bleep** about the new forum" forum?

• Members

Does anyone else have an issue with the edit window not being wide enough and forcing the dreaded horizontal scroll bar that makes it impossible to see a whole line at once?

ADDENDUM:At first you think, well, it's got a pull tab in the corner -- I can just resize the window to use the dead space to its right.  Wrong. It only resizes down -- not to the size to utilize the dead space.

This makes writing and editing a complete pain in the backside, as you can't even see the beginning of a line when you're at the end -- and vice versa. This happens in either Firefox or Chrome no matter how the page size zoom is set. (Also text zoom in Firefox doesn't work, probably because these guys hard code the text size, an odd choice for what should be a responsive design.)

Spacing between paragraphs is unpredictable and displays differently in the edit window than it does after posting.

Also, will we have the ability to insert YouTube and/or other videos. That has become an important part of songwriting discussions in the SW forum.

I also notice that the edit window doesn't allow Chrome or Firefox spell check and that its built in spell-check is less than a joke. The first word it didn't recognize: blog. Second word: Firefox. And on top of a ridiculously stunted dictionary you have to manually invoke it.

But this edit window horizontal scroll bar makes this board just about unusable.

• Members

Yeah, I recommend going through the "My Settings" section (you have to be signed in of course) and try this and that.

I've opted for the really large font so far and I dialed down the brightness via my graphics card interface app.  Life goes on.

I'm assuming that the rollout is Microsoft-style - that is, debug using the squeaky-user method.  Ok, we'll live through that.  No large wounds, no bloodloss from major arteries, etc. - all will be ok enough in time I trust.  

The overall style is a lot like the endless big-postcard type ads I get in the mail.  Garish, overcrowded, sort of random-feeling.  Well, it will mostly all go invisible as I get used to navigating to what I want, blaze my little trails of clicks to here and there.  

Gotta move on - it does run faster, no question.  Now just get it sanded down, adjusted a half-turn here and a couple degrees there, get it broken in to my hands and eyes, and it will be home again.

nat whilk ii

Archived