NAMM coverage everywhere but here?

vintagevibes

• CMS Author

Well, I' guess I'm just an old stick-in-the-mud. Videos are cool for a quick look, and I'll give Craig credit for asking good questions rather than just recording a spiel, but when I report on a show, I like to make it read like a story about why I thought a particular product interested me, and why it might intrerest you. I make no attempt at mentioning every new (or old) product at the show. Hopefully you'll find something of interest there, and learn a bit more about it than from just a show floor video. Sometimes you'll learn less, because there are times when a picture, particularly one with sound, really is worth a thousand words.

I think it's good that we have more than one approach to reporting on trade shows, but take whatever one you want. Only wrong information is really bad, and hopefully there's not much of that.

• Members

MikeRivers wrote:

Well, I' guess I'm just an old stick-in-the-mud. Videos are cool for a quick look, and I'll give Craig credit for asking good questions rather than just recording a spiel, but when I report on a show, I like to make it read like a story about why I thought a particular product interested me, and why it might intrerest you. 

Well, you are a n old stick-in-the-mud, but that's besides the point.  ;)

I like  both approaches.  I like what you are doing - what I'm doing with the NAMMbulating.  It's a different kind of thing where you have someone along for the ride.  I like lots of photos and text.

But the videos that Craig and others do?  That's big.  You see someone twiddling knobs, hear the synth, the pedals, the whatever, and it really does help quite a bit.  It was, after all, a video that made me realize, "Oh, no, my first impression of the Prophet 12 is all wrong." 

I wouldn't want to have one or the other exclusively.

Archived