Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

Announcement

Harmony Central has “soft launched” our new mobile experience this past week. While we have done extensive testing, we know that with a community as large as HC that there will be items that surface that will still need to be addressed. We are asking that you utilize the thread belowto report any challenges you may encounter. Here are the things we request you provide: A brief description of the issue, the device and operating system version you were using, the browser and version, screen resolution, and a screen shot of the display.
Thanks for your patience as we work towards the best experience we can provide to our community.

http://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/...ablet-feedback
See more
See less

NAMM coverage everywhere but here?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NAMM coverage everywhere but here?

Is HC over?  Have they "reinvented" themselves out of existence?  Sad.

&quot;Admittedly, it is difficult to reason people out of positions they didn't use reason to attain.&quot; - Craig Anderton<br><br>Programmer's Logic: &quot; If I can tell you why it doesn't work it's OK that it doesn't work.&quot; - me<br>Tech Support Logic: &quot; If I can't tell you why it doesn't work it's not our fault.&quot; - me<br>

There were several (three?) threads made just for NAMM coverage, but i cant find them :/

Comment

• DrPopper
      DrPopper commented
      Editing a comment

There used to be news releases on the front page ...now nothing.

Well, I' guess I'm just an old stick-in-the-mud. Videos are cool for a quick look, and I'll give Craig credit for asking good questions rather than just recording a spiel, but when I report on a show, I like to make it read like a story about why I thought a particular product interested me, and why it might intrerest you. I make no attempt at mentioning every new (or old) product at the show. Hopefully you'll find something of interest there, and learn a bit more about it than from just a show floor video. Sometimes you'll learn less, because there are times when a picture, particularly one with sound, really is worth a thousand words.

I think it's good that we have more than one approach to reporting on trade shows, but take whatever one you want. Only wrong information is really bad, and hopefully there's not much of that.

--
    "Today's production equipment is IT-based and cannot be operated without a passing knowledge of computing, although it seems that it can be operated without a passing knowledge of audio." - John Watkinson, Resolution Magazine, October 2006
    Drop by http://mikeriversaudio.wordpress.com now and then

Comment

• UstadKhanAli
      UstadKhanAli commented
      Editing a comment

MikeRivers wrote:

Well, I' guess I'm just an old stick-in-the-mud. Videos are cool for a quick look, and I'll give Craig credit for asking good questions rather than just recording a spiel, but when I report on a show, I like to make it read like a story about why I thought a particular product interested me, and why it might intrerest you. 

Well, you are a n old stick-in-the-mud, but that's besides the point. 

I like  both approaches.  I like what you are doing - what I'm doing with the NAMMbulating.  It's a different kind of thing where you have someone along for the ride.  I like lots of photos and text.

But the videos that Craig and others do?  That's big.  You see someone twiddling knobs, hear the synth, the pedals, the whatever, and it really does help quite a bit.  It was, after all, a video that made me realize, "Oh, no, my first impression of the Prophet 12 is all wrong." 

I wouldn't want to have one or the other exclusively.

Working...
X