Please tell me you've seen "Sound City"

Jeff da Weasel

• Members

I stopped by this morning, expecting to see a bunch of discussion about this film, but I don't seem to see any here on SSS. Honestly, as people who presumably have some level of interest in the art and science of recording music, I really hope that most of you have (or are planning to) watch this excellent documentary by Dave Grohl.

I'm hesitant to start discussing specifics since I don't want to ruin it for those who have yet to see it, but suffice it to say that I can't imagine anyone here at SSS wouldn't get some level of enjoyment from it. I bought it from iTunes, and it was worth every penny of the $12.99. Watched it Saturday evening with my ladyfriend, and re-watched sections of it all day on Sunday (which is also why it's a better deal to buy than to rent... high re-watchability factor). Due to my closeness of the subject matter, it may be my favorite documentary I've ever seen (and I've seen a lot).

http://buy.soundcitymovie.com/

• Members

Jeff da Weasel wrote:

I stopped by this morning, expecting to see a bunch of discussion about this film, but I don't seem to see any here on SSS. Honestly, as people who presumably have some level of interest in the art and science of recording music, I really hope that most of you have (or are planning to) watch this excellent documentary by Dave Grohl.

I'm hesitant to start discussing specifics since I don't want to ruin it for those who have yet to see it, but suffice it to say that I can't imagine anyone here at SSS wouldn't get some level of enjoyment from it. I bought it from iTunes, and it was worth every penny of the $12.99. Watched it Saturday evening with my ladyfriend, and re-watched sections of it all day on Sunday (which is also why it's a better deal to buy than to rent... high re-watchability factor). Due to my closeness of the subject matter, it may be my favorite documentary I've ever seen (and I've seen a lot).

That movie ties in perfectly with this discussion, both kind of come down to the fact that playing together in an organic fashion is better then over engineering.

• Members

Jeff da Weasel wrote:

I`m looking forward to owning it and watching it. Is it coming out on DVD anytime soon? 

• Members

And Gearslutz, and elsewhere. I was hoping there would be one here. As a feature-length film about a topic that is generally the basis of this whole forum, you'd think it would be something that might interest folks here at SSS. Hopefully as more people see the film, it will inspire discussions here.

Archived